Amazon delivered the wrong item (what to do, refunds, etc!)
As a seasoned customer, you want to make sure you don’t make any mistakes and add items to your cart that you’ve had on your radar for a while, save enough money to buy them, have them delivered, Then found out that you got the wrong item.
This can be very disappointing and confusing, but don’t worry, this has happened before, and if you read on, you’ll know what to do in this situation…
What to do if Amazon delivers the wrong item
If you receive the wrong item from Amazon, the first thing to do is to contact Amazon customer support and let them know about the error. They will send you a replacement or refund your order. They may or may not ask you to return an item they sent in error.
Since Amazon ships millions of products, they do experience some occasional logistics errors. Like one of two things happened:
You received someone else’s package. You need to check if it’s someone else’s package, as the two packages may have been switched at some point. If this is the case, you can simply notify Amazon, return the package and wait for your package.
Amazon sent you an item you didn’t order, not your own. It’s not the same as buying the wrong size shoes and buying a watch instead of an iPhone, so there are solutions for every situation.
You always have the option to ask for a refund and complete it, from there you can choose to buy from Amazon again or look at some alternatives.
If you want to learn more about the details of getting alternatives and more, read on…
Replace the wrong item
Remember that any product shipped by Amazon.com but sold by a third-party seller cannot be replaced, but can be returned for your refund.
Also, if you received an item as a gift, it cannot be exchanged, instead you must return it and place a new order.
If you want to exchange, just go to “My Orders” and if the product you want to return was not purchased through a promotion (except for free shipping promotions), there is no restocking fee, was purchased with credit or a debit card, And if the exchange product meets the following eligibility requirements, you can exchange it.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- This item must be added to cart
- It must be sold and shipped by Amazon (excluding third parties).
- Does not include add-on products
- The item that will be exchanged must be different from what you want
- It cannot be marked as a gift or it will not be eligible.
Changing clothes or shoes is easier if they are not the right size, these are the requirements:
- Not the same size or color as the returned product.
- Sold and shipped by Amazon.
The changes apply to clothing, sporting goods, footwear, baby products, jewelry and watches in different sizes or colors.
How do I get a replacement?
- On the Amazon page, you must go to “My Orders” and select “Return or Exchange Product” next to the item you want to exchange.
- If you don’t see the order you’re looking for, select the date you placed your order from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Finally, select the item(s) you want to exchange and write your reason for your request in the “Reason for Return” section. This way, the exchange order will use the same shipping type as the original order. You will have up to 30 days to return the product, otherwise, you will be billed for both the original order and the replacement product.
What if the item I want is no longer available?
If you can’t get your original purchase, you can get a refund and you’ll need to follow these steps to request a refund:
- First, you have to go to “Your Orders”.
- Find a refund order
- Select “Order Questions”.
- Then select your question from the list.
- ask for refund.
- Write any comments you have.
- Click “Submit”.
After successfully requesting a refund, you will receive a full refund including shipping.
The rest is up to you, if you want to try again or just put your money elsewhere, luckily Amazon won’t let your money go to waste.
Do you like this article?You may also want to know what to do and what it means when Amazon delivers to a safe location, when Amazon delivers a canceled order, or when Amazon delivers to the wrong address
If you receive the wrong item, at worst you’ll lose precious time, but that’s about it because Amazon will make sure you get what you asked for one way or another.
Even if the item you want is no longer available, you will receive a full refund immediately upon request.