Amazon order shows delivered but not received (what to do)
Amazon is one of the world’s leading retailers. However, despite its stellar reputation, the company’s delivery system still has hurdles. Like its competitors, Amazon has faced issues such as shipping incorrect items, damaged items and non-delivery packages.
Let’s say you bought something on Amazon, but your package didn’t arrive. What’s the next action? What dispute channels are available to you? Read on to learn more.
What if my package shows delivered but I never received it?
Amazon asks customers to check the shipping address, check the delivery location, ask neighbors, and if the package doesn’t show up, wait 48 hours before contacting Amazon support. If 48 hours have passed, you must contact Amazon Support to report the package as missing and they will send a replacement or refund your purchase.
For more details on what to do if your package says delivered but you haven’t received it, read on…
Amazon advises customers what to do if a package says delivered and you haven’t received it
Amazon has specific guidelines for such situations. While some of them may seem obvious, you have to tick them all.
If your package shows delivered but has not arrived yet:
- Ask your neighbors: In some cases, Amazon may ship your package to your neighbors. You may have written it into your delivery preferences but forgot. If you and your neighbors are available, you can ask them if they received the package on your behalf.
In addition, it is also possible that the courier handed it to them by mistake. They may be in the right location but confused the address of the house. If you have decent neighbors, they’ll quickly realize the mistake and wrap you up.
- Check near the delivery point: Carriers rarely deliver packages at your front door or porch. That’s because of a surge in the crime of stealing packages. To solve this problem, agents always place packages in hard-to-see areas. While this keeps the package safe, it makes finding it a painstaking process. For this reason, if you can’t see your package, you can try looking for it near the back door or even the garage.
- Check with the United States Postal Service (USPS): Amazon typically works with USPS for package delivery. This is common for third-party sellers. Third-party sellers can direct you to your local USPS office when something goes wrong with your order. You will need to take your tracking information with you before heading to them. This way, they can notify you if they received your package or if any challenges have arisen during the delivery process.
- Check your order to make sure the shipping address is accurate: You may have entered the wrong address when filling out the shipping instructions. Cross-checking can be of great help.
- Look inside your letterbox: some deliveries may use multiple carriers, and the postal service may be one of them. Therefore, you can try to check your mailbox before contacting Amazon.
Please wait another 48 hours, as it is not uncommon for packages still in transit to show delivered.
If you’ve waited 48 hours and there’s no sign of your package, it’s time to contact Amazon directly.
How to Contact Amazon About a Lost Package
To seek help with a lost package, you will need to log into your Amazon account and navigate the “Contact Us” section. Once you’re here, you can speak on the phone or through the bot. Explain your problem to a customer service representative and Amazon will investigate your case. Once they determine that your claim is genuine, they will refund you. Amazon Customer Care is available 24/7.
What do you do with an Amazon package that doesn’t belong to you?
When you receive an unordered package, it may be caused by brushing your teeth – a common scam. Swipe scams occur when bad actors send packages to names and addresses available in the public domain.
For this reason, if you receive a package that you did not order, please contact family and friends or call Customer Service to determine if it is a gift.
After reporting the package to customer service, they may ask you to send them a photo of the package’s shipping label. If it’s “swiping,” Amazon will take action against the perpetrators.
Such measures include suspension or cancellation of sales privileges and withholding of payments. As for the item, you can choose to keep it or return it.
How to prevent lost packages
It can be frustrating and anxious to see that Amazon has delivered your package but you haven’t received it yet. Thankfully, there are measures to prevent such incidents from happening. Here are some tips to consider:
Make good use of delivery instructions
When you place an order with Amazon, there is a section that allows you to add any further shipping instructions. Many people usually ignore it, but it’s not. Adding more instructions can help your Amazon drivers find your home faster. In this section you can show if you have a lockbox and how they can find and open it.
Others prefer to give their garage code to the driver so they can drop the package there when they arrive. At the very least, make sure your driver knows how to get to your home. You can tell them the color of your house and any landmarks that can help them navigate.
List signature as required
Another way to minimize the chance of our package not being delivered is to require a signature. Not all carriers require a signature. Amazon in particular does not require signature deliveries.
This move has both disadvantages and advantages. bad? Cases of lost packages will be on the rise. OK? It’s convenient since you don’t have to be there to pick up your package.
If you don’t want to deal with the frustration of tracking down a lost package a few days later, I recommend asking for a signature. That way, Amazon drivers won’t complete the order without your signature. This will ensure your package reaches the right address and the right person.
Want to learn more about Amazon? Check out these posts to learn about Amazon delivery times, what it means for Amazon to deliver to a safe location, and whether Honey works on Amazon.
All in all, just like other courier companies, Amazon is not immune to failures in the delivery system, such as lost packages. However, the good news is that there are several steps you can take to prevent repetition.