Can I use Google Pay on Amazon? (No, but…)
Amazon is one of the biggest online retailers in the world so it does offer a lot of options in terms of payment methods so that they have more customers and everyone wins, but some payment methods may be in your country/ Region is not available.
If you want to buy something with Google Pay on Amazon but don’t know how, or if it’s possible, read on to find out everything you need to know.
Can I use Google Pay on Amazon?
Unfortunately, you can’t use Google Pay on Amazon. However, if you have no other way to buy something at the time, there is one method.
You must use Google Pay to purchase Amazon gift cards from third-party sites and deposit funds into your Amazon account. While you can’t do this directly, it’s still an option.
The situation is different in India, unlike other versions of Amazon, India does accept Google Pay as a payment method
If you want to learn more about Google Pay and Amazon’s accepted payment methods, don’t click away!
How to use Google Pay on Amazon India?
Since this is the only exception, it’s good to know how it works:
- First, just go to Amazon and select the item you want to buy and proceed to checkout.
- Then add all the delivery information you need at checkout so you can have the item shipped to you.
- After that, you’ll enter your payment information here, and you should find an option for UPI, which is your unique identifier in Google Pay.
- After selecting this option, it will take a moment to verify the details you added.
- At this point, you have successfully used Google Pay and you can complete your purchase.
Amazon Payment Methods
According to Amazon.com, these are the payment methods available for purchases.
- Visa (including Amazon Signature Visa Rewards Card)
- Amazon store card
- Amazon Credit Generator
- discovery network
- American Express
- Diner’s Club (US billing addresses only)
- New York City
- China UnionPay (credit card only)
- Gift Card or Prepaid Card Visa, Mastercard or American Express
How do I set up a Google Pay account?
If you’re interested in trying Google Pay, follow these steps:
- First download Google Pay from your Android or iPhone.
- Then you have to link your bank account or credit card.
- Finally, all you need to do is click “Make a Payment” and follow the instructions to successfully create your account.
Where can I use Google Pay?
Even if you can’t use Google Pay to shop on Amazon, you may still want to keep the money because there are so many places to use it.
According to support.google.com, you can use Google Pay anywhere, including supermarkets, pharmacies, clothing stores, and gas stations.
If you want to learn more about stores that accept google pay as a payment method, you can visit pay.google.com and see all the services they offer.
Want to learn more about Amazon? Check out these posts to learn about Amazon delivery times, what it means for Amazon to deliver to a safe location, and whether Honey works on Amazon.
While you won’t be able to use Google Play on Amazon pages because it’s not part of the accepted payment methods, you can still access Amazon gift cards and buy anything you want.
You can also consider using Google Pay at many other retailers and situations, thanks to the long list of benefits it offers both customers and merchants