Can you make your own blizzard in Dairy Queen? (What to know!)
Dairy Queen Blizzards is known for its thick mixed ice cream treats, which include a variety of mixes such as Oreos, cookies or candy.
Their Blizzards are also famous among ice cream lovers because they are delicious and easy to eat while strolling the boardwalk or relaxing in a restaurant with loved ones.
It’s always the perfect refreshment on a hot day, and no matter what flavor you’re looking for, you can quickly get a blizzard to suit your taste at various Dairy Queen locations.
But can you make your own Blizzard in Dairy Queen? Read on to discover the answer to this question, examples of famous Blizzard flavors, and how to make your own Blizzard at home.
Can you make your own blizzard in Dairy Queen?
Yes, you can make your own blizzard at the Dairy Queen restaurant. But how? You can order a simple vanilla blizzard and add all the toppings you want ($0.59/topping) and create your own custom blizzard.
So, next time you can’t find what you’re looking for on the Dairy Queen menu, you can always make your own favorite Blizzard from scratch.
Dairy Queen Blizzard Flavors Example
Dairy Queen Blizzards have a unique flavor. Some flavors may include:
- Oreo Mocha Fudge: Contains coffee, Oreo cookie sheets and fudge cocoa fudge.
- Red Velvet Cake: Contains cream cheese frosting and soft ice cream and red velvet cake.
- Mint Brownies: Contains chocolate chunks, brownie chunks and cool mint mixed with fudge.
- Sugar Cane Chilled: Contains chocolate chunks mixed with soft vanilla and crushed mints.
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries: Contains Ghirardelli chocolate chunks and vanilla soft serve ice cream with strawberry topping.
- Pecan Pie: Contains pecans, soft serve and caramel toppings.
- Reese’s Cookie Dough: Contains Reese’s, Butter Cups Peanut Butter Topping, DQ soft serve, Chocolate Topping and Reese’s Chips.
- Peanut Chicken Thighs: Contains sundae cone slices, chocolate-flavored waffle slices and chopped peanuts.
Will Dairy Queen make a custom blizzard for you?
Dairy Queen also allows you to customize your Blizzards by adding your favorite toppings for $0.59 each. For example, you can buy M&M’s or Vanilla Blizzard and put whatever toppings you want on it. Examples of ingredients for Dairy Queen include:
- Marshmallow Cream
- Pineapple Stuffing
- Peanut Butter Topping
- strawberry topping
- vanilla syrup
- Oreo cookie cubes
- brown pieces
How can you keep your dairy queen blizzard at home?
Luckily, you can create this decadent chilly delight at home. You can make great homemade blizzards yourself using a stand mixer, blender, or blizzard. Here are the steps on how to make a Dairy Queen Blizzard at home:
- Choose the Blizzard-sized ingredients you need. For example, you can take 2-3 cups of vanilla ice cream (288-432 grams), 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/3 of the topping or candy of your choice and 1/2 cup of milk.
- Place 1/2 cup of whole ice cream on a blender and blend until smooth, add the flavor of your choice (vanilla ice cream) and blend for a few seconds until the ice cream is as smooth as soft ice cream.
- Add vanilla extract, milk and mixture to ice cream mix and mix again. Use the blender’s lowest setting to mix the ingredients well and avoid the blizzard turning into a milkshake.
- You are now ready to serve your homemade blizzard.
What caused the Dairy Queen blizzard to be so thick?
DQ’s Blizzard is a milkshake-like concoction made by mixing soft drinks with concoctions like Reese’s and Oreos, and is believed to be so thick that it stays in place even when turned upside down.
The restaurant business is said to believe so much in the product that they promise to serve every Blizzard upside down. Dairy Queen also promises a free blizzard if your blizzard isn’t upside down.
How long does it take for Dairy Queen Blizzard to melt?
Dairy Queen Blizzards can take three days of 50-degree weather to melt 2 to 4 inches. This process may be slower if the temperature changes to below freezing overnight.
The volume of moisture in the atmosphere can also speed up the melting process, while wind can carry away moisture and keep snow packs intact.
Which is the most popular Dairy Queen Blizzard?
M&M’s is one of the best-selling items on the Dairy Queen menu because it stays intact for a long time compared to other blizzards that can crumble in a short amount of time.
It also has a unique heady texture that delights every bite.
Want to learn more about Dairy Queen? Read on to find out if Dairy Queen accepts Apple Pay and if Dairy Queen has dairy-free ice cream?
In addition to Dairy Queen, it specialises in delicious ice cream, desserts, smoothies and fast food.
They allow their clients to make their own Blizzard anywhere. This allows you to make your favorite blizzard without being limited by its menu.
Dairy Queen also offers their customers custom Blizzards where you can order different Blizzards with your favourite toppings.