Does Amazon work with Klarna? (Updated in 2022!)
If you’re not familiar with Klarna, it’s a service that offers micro-loans through an app, allowing you to buy things but pay later.
This is a very useful service in many cases, and while it works with many retailers, you might be wondering if it works with Amazon, and if so, how do you get started, let’s find out!
Does Amazon work with Klarna?
Yes, Amazon recently started working with Klarna to integrate the service into payment options. You can download the Klarna app and use it to buy Amazon items.
This is good news because Klarna will allow you to make purchases using a 4 installment plan, which allows you to split your purchase into 4 payments over 6 weeks without interest.
If you want to learn more about Klarna and Amazon’s inclusion of the service, keep reading!
Can I use Klarna to pay for Amazon Prime?
Yes, you can pay for Amazon Prime with Klarna, which means you can split your annual subscription into four payments, which is one of the easiest ways to get Prime membership.
How does the Klarna app work with Amazon?
It’s as simple as downloading the Klarna app and making purchases on your phone.
You then add any items you want to the cart and pay in installments so you can manage those expensive purchases.
Can you use Klarna on Amazon without the Klarna app?
Yes, you can use Klarna through an extension on your browser if you want to make a purchase on your desktop or laptop, but if you use Google Chrome, you won’t get the extension, at least not yet.
If you have the Klarna extension, you will get a “Pay with K” option that will appear on your screen and you will be able to pay with Klarna.
How to get started with Klarna
If you’re interested in trying this service, you may need some help to get you started.
- First, you must download the latest version of the Klarna app from the app store.
- You will then see an option to create a new account.
- There, you’ll select “Create Account” and you’ll be asked to enter your email address and verify your identity using a code they’ll send to your email.
- After that, Klarna will ask you for a phone number, which you will need to complete the process (you will receive another code to verify your identity again).
- You can choose whether to allow Klarna to track you, and you can refuse if you want.
- Once you’re done creating your account, you’ll be directed to a page where you’ll find stores that accept Klarna app payments, but you can go directly to the home page and start exploring since you already have a Klarna account.
How to use the Klarna app
- Once in the main screen of the Klarna app, just tap the in-store option where you have to set up your in-store card.
- You only have to do this once, then add a debit or credit card to your account, which needs to have at least 25% of the amount you want to spend
- When you’re done, you’ll get an in-store card.
- After that, you just need to search for the item you want to buy to see how much you’re going to spend, and move on.
- Klarna may perform a soft credit check, but don’t worry, it won’t affect your credit score.
- Klarna will then offer its “Pay 4” payment plan option and provide you with a link so you can view the plan’s details.
- You may be asked to add your credit card or bank information to Klarna, but if you have already done so then you just need to review the plan and continue.
- Finally, you’ll have your in-store card and Klarna will let you add it to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay account, so click “Next” and agree to the terms to complete the process.
Keep in mind that most cards are only valid for 24 hours and do not accept American Express and prepaid cards.
Want to learn more about Amazon? Check out these articles to find out if you can use Google Pay on Amazon, what to do if your Amazon order shows delivered but you haven’t received it, and can you return an open item to Amazon?
Klarna is a great service that allows you to conveniently manage your money when buying items online or in-store.
If you don’t have enough money to buy an item, you can use Klarna to split your payment into 4 parts and pay after 30 days, or use a microloan with no interest or extra fees, as long as you have an application or extension.