Does Burger King have onion rings? (era, sauce, + more!)
It’s hard to imagine a world without Burger King – a place where you can go to satisfy your cravings for something quick, meaty and salty. The Big Mac or Whopper is one of the oldest debates at lunchtime, and even if you’re a Whooper fan, there’s a lot you don’t know about this American favorite.
For example, did you know it started with Insta-Burger King? Also, do you know all the food options it offers? Can you eat onion rings here? Read on to learn more.
Does Burger King have onion rings?
Yes, Burger King has the most delicious onion rings. So if you want onion rings, this is the place to go. While most famous burger joints like Shake Shack and McDonald’s skip the onion rings, Burger King has served this delicacy since time immemorial. Along with BK’s delicious sauce, onion rings are slowly but surely becoming a must-have side dish for fast food.
But as popularity grew, so did controversy. Burger King’s onion rings are debated by onion ring lovers, though it’s hard to come to a consensus.
Either hot sauce is the main attraction, or the king uncovers the secret to mouthwatering fried onions.
Either way, Burger King has established itself over the years as the leading supplier of onion rings to large fast food restaurants, and its onion rings are well known around the world.
When will Burger King serve onion rings?
Burger King has no limits when it comes to serving this delicious side. You can get onion rings anytime, anywhere at all Burger King restaurants nationwide.
How many onion rings are there in Burger King Onion Rings?
While BK’s onion rings actually taste like onions, the snack doesn’t constitute a whole onion slice.
For this reason, it’s hard to know how many onion rings are included in Burger King’s onion rings.
It might seem like the opposite of everything delicious stands for, but Burger King has been able to substitute onion powder for the real thing.
What’s in Burger King Onion Ring Sauce?
If you ever get a chance to try Burger King’s delicious dipping sauce, you’ll find it’s a mix of spicy and sweet flavors. The sauce contains mayonnaise, horseradish, paprika, lemon, and some may contain mustard. It also includes a little umami.
How do you make Burger King’s onion rings?
If you want to learn how to make BK inspired onion rings, you will need the following materials:
- 1 large onion cut into ¼” rings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- a large egg
- glass of milk
- 1 cup crumbs
- rapeseed oil
- seasoning salt
Once you’ve collected all of them, it’s time to make these rings pop by following these instructions:
- Build a Bread Station: Start by preparing a separate bowl for flour, bread crumbs, milk and eggs. Next, stir each bowl of ingredients to allow them to combine.
- Prepare a storage area: Place the paper towel on the paper plate and place the wire rack on it. Since you need a place to put your wrecking rings before frying, this would be the perfect space.
- heating oil: Use a candy thermometer to monitor the oil temperature while heating slowly. You can use an induction burner, stovetop or deep fryer. The key is to keep the oil at 365°F. The oil temperature may drop as you continue to cook, so you may need to wait for it to come back up.
- Coated onion rings: Most recipes suggest that you dip the ring into the flour mixture, then into the wet batter and breadcrumbs.
- boiled onion rings: The final step is to cook your ring. Put the coated rings in the hot oil and cook for about 3 minutes. Once they are cool enough to handle, you can serve them.
Are Burger King Onion Rings vegan?
Unfortunately, BK Onion Rings are not vegan. That’s because breadcrumbs contain whey: a milk protein. In addition, the onion rings are fried in modified palm oil, which has destroyed the habitat of many animals.
In addition, Burger King also cooks chicken and burgers, which increases the risk of cross-contamination of ingredients. As an alternative, Burger King offers the Impossible Burger, which it considers a vegetarian option.
Does Burger King offer vegetarian friendly options?
While BK’s Onion Rings aren’t vegan, the joint venture offers alternatives that may be more friendly to vegan palettes. They include but are not limited to:
- Impossible Burger: BK’s Impossible Burger is made from plant-based compounds and prepared on a separate grill away from the meat source.
- garden salad: This is a super easy salad with tomatoes, lettuce, and a vegan-friendly honey vinaigrette dressing.
- applesauce: BK’s Mott’s Applesauce is 100% natural and sugar free. Plus, it’s gluten-free, the equivalent of a serving of fruit.
- most of their drinks: If you’re ditching your smoothies for a fountain drink like Sprite, Dr. Pepper, or Sprite, you might like BK’s drink.
Burger King is your one-stop restaurant for all your onion ring cravings. Here, you can enjoy this delicacy at any time of the day. The ring contains mayonnaise, paprika, lemon and mustard, among other accents.
more importantly? You can prepare your own BK Onion Rings and enjoy them from the comfort of your home. You just need to make sure you have all the ingredients and follow the directions.