Does Dairy Queen accept EBT? (Updated in 2022!)
Dairy Queen is known for their delicious blizzards, but they also offer a variety of meal options such as Turkey BLT, Cheese BBQ Burgers, and even Chili Cheese Hot Dogs.
With so many dining options, we wondered if Dairy Queen accepts EBT cards? Or can I only use EBT at the grocery store? Here’s what we found…
Does Dairy Queen accept EBT?
Yes, Dairy Queen is one of the stores participating in the EBT program in the US, but not in all locations. You can use your EBT card at DQ in Arizona, Maryland, Rhode Island, Illinois, California, and Michigan.
Initially, people enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) could only use their EBT card to buy food prepared at home.
But many of the program’s beneficiaries are the homeless, the elderly and people with disabilities who may not be able to prepare food at home or in remote kitchens.
Because of this, some states have expanded the SNAP program to allow beneficiaries to purchase hot and prepared meals at designated locations under the Restaurant Meal Plan (RMP).
What you can buy with EBT
You can buy food for your family such as
- fruits and vegetables
- bread and cereals, such as beans
- dairy products, such as soft serve ice cream and milk
- Meat, Fish and Poultry
- Non-alcoholic beverages such as maid and bottled water.
- You can also use your EBT card when buying seeds and plants.
What can’t be purchased with EBT?
You cannot use EBT benefits to pay for:
- Any pre-prepared food or any meal that can be served in a store unless under a SNAP/RMP program.
- non-food products.
- Alcoholic products
- tobacco products.
- Bodybuilding supplements such as vitamins and drugs.
- Any hot food in the store.
How to apply for EBT/SNAP
Here are the steps to follow when applying for SNAP benefits:
- Gather the necessary documents that can support your application.
- Log in or register at the mybenefits.ny.gov website.
- Answer a series of questions including your full name, citizenship, home and address.
- Submit your application through the website.
Benefits of receiving SNAP services
EBT services offer the following economic advantages:
Empower more users and businesses
With the introduction of EBT/SNAP technology, many stores can participate and benefit from the program.
If a beneficiary uses the card to shop at stores in the state, the state can now distribute wealth evenly across the economy.
Third-party delivery drivers also benefit from EBT benefits paid for pickup and curbside service.
Build healthier communities
EBT/SNAP program beneficiaries are guaranteed access to essential nutritional products and meals for their health.
Low-income people, people with disabilities and seniors can now use their SNAP/EBT card to buy basic meals such as vegetables and fruit, dairy and meat in the Dairy Queen area.
The program provides vital supplements to vulnerable populations who may need nutrient-dense foods to survive.
How to checkout at Dairy Queen with your EBT card
Here’s how to check out at Dairy Queen with your EBT card:
- Select your order at the store location.
- Hand or swipe your EBT card through a point-of-sale terminal.
- Enter your PIN, usually four digits.
- Select the ENTER key.
- Confirm the amount entered by the Dairy Queen clerk and press OK or YES.
- Select printed receipt.
Check your EBT balance
You can get your EBT account balance from your last transaction receipt. If you misplaced your receipt, you can visit www.ebt.ca.gov, log in and confirm your balance. You can call the Customer Service Desk for assistance on their toll-free number at 1-877-328-9677.
You can also call this number procedure if you have lost your card, your card does not work, want to change your EBT PIN and have been wrongly charged by a store for food you did not get or any other issues and problems.
How to use EBT card to Instacart
You can add your EBT card on instacart by following these steps:
- Log in to your account, then select Settings and add your EBT card as your payment method.
- Buy the item of your choice at any authorized store.
- Use your instacart to checkout at the point of payment.
Want to learn more about Dairy Queen? Read on to find out if Dairy Queen accepts Apple Pay and if Dairy Queen has dairy-free ice cream?
Those enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) can receive state agency food benefits through their Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card.
The state loads cards monthly notifying low-income families and individuals that are beneficiaries of the program.
As with any other debit card, you can use your EBT card to buy certain food items at authorised retailers like Dairy Queen.
Dairy Queen accepts EBT at its location. Although not all states offer RMP services, you can join the program by writing to the store to apply for the service.