Does Food Lion accept Apple Pay? (Updated in 2022!)
Food Lion isn’t one of the biggest grocery stores, but it’s a favorite for many for a few reasons, including easy and quick recipes to make at home, great prices, and great quality.
They put a lot of emphasis on helping people who don’t have easy access to food on the table through Food Lion Feeds and SNAP, which is great too.
However, some people have only one question on their minds, do you need Apple Pay for such a great place? Let’s find out…
Does Food Lion accept Apple Pay?
Yes, Food Lion began accepting mobile payments, including Apple Pay, back in 2016, allowing its customers to shop conveniently and easily. Food Lion also accepts Samsung Pay and Android Pay.
On June 22, 2016, Greg Finchum, Senior Vice President of Retail Operations, stated:
“We are delighted to introduce a mobile payment option for customers in local Food Lion stores,
This includes all 1,107 stores nationwide.
Customers are asking us to make grocery shopping easier and more convenient, and this new payment process is another way we’re helping customers speed up the checkout process. “
If you go to Apple Maps and search for your location of interest, you can also check if the retailer accepts Apple Pay, then scroll down to the “Helpful Information” section of the store and look for the Apple Pay logo, if there is a check mark then you will know that you can use Apple Pay.
Now that you know they use Apple Pay, how do you use it? Let’s review this process and more related things.
How do I use Apple Pay with Food Lion?
If you want to use Apple Pay with Food Lion, you can do it in-store or online through the app.
Follow these steps so you can use Apple Pay on your next purchase:
How to use Apple Pay in-store
- Open your Wallet app on your phone.
- Choose your payment card, which you can access using Face ID, Touch ID, or a passcode.
- If you want to use another card, just click on the default card you currently have to see the other available cards and choose another card.
- Hold the phone close to the contactless card reader and wait for confirmation.
- Once it says “done”, you are ready to go.
How to make in-store payments with Apple Watch
You can also use your Apple Watch to pay for your purchases in Food Lion, and believe it or not, it’s even easier!
- First, double-tap the side button on the watch.
- Your default card should open automatically, but you can choose another card if you want.
- When done, just hold the watch close to the contactless card reader until you get a beep confirmation.
You may also be interested: Does Food Lion accept EBT?
How to use Apple Pay online
If you’re going to use Food Lion to buy at home, you can also use Apple Pay, so don’t worry, just follow the steps below and you’ll be able to order whatever you need.
- First, tap the Apple Pay button or select Apple Pay as your payment method.
- If you don’t want to pay with your default card, click the “Next” button or the “Extended Menu” to choose another one.
- If you need to enter your details, go ahead, luckily you only have to enter it once.
- Then confirm payment.
- You’ll need to use Face ID to verify your identity, so just double-tap the side button and use Face ID, or you can use your passcode.
How to confirm payment with iMac
- If you want to confirm a payment on your iMac using Touch ID, follow the steps on the Touch Bar, then place your finger on Touch ID. Make sure Touch ID is turned on for it to work.
- If you want to confirm payment without Touch ID, you can confirm payment on your Bluetooth-connected iPhone or Apple Watch.Remember you must be signed in with the same Apple ID
Once the payment is successful, you will see a confirmation message and a check mark.
Can I get a refund when using Apple Pay?
Yes, Apple offers a rewards program that gives you 1% cash back on every transaction, however, if you buy something with your Apple Card, you’ll get 2% cash back if you buy an Apple product at Apple Retailers, you get 3%.
Alternative payment methods using traditional bank transactions or cash are becoming more common these days, including Apple Pay, which offers a more secure payment method than cash and has more security measures than credit cards.
This has led to many people relying on Apple Pay to make purchases. Luckily, Food Lion happily accepts Apple Pay, not just for in-store purchases, but also online, so you can use it anytime.