Does Kroger accept Apple Pay? (No, but try this…)
Kroger is America’s leading retailer with nearly 2,800 supply stores in 35 states. On the other hand, Apple Pay is one of the best contactless payment methods, with around 80 million users in the US.
Kroger is known for offering discounts on groceries, clothing, furniture and gadgets. As a result, many of Kroger’s customers may be wondering if they can pay with Apple Pay.
Which raises the question, does Kroger accept Apple Pay? Read on to find out the answer to this question and other payment methods you can use at Kroger locations.
Does Kroger accept Apple Pay?
Unfortunately, Kroger doesn’t accept Apple Pay as a payment method. Kroger did test Apple Pay and Google Pay to evaluate compatibility using Near Field Communication (NFC) technology. They want to include Apple Pay, Google Pay and many other payment systems. But until now, they haven’t used Apple Pay.
This may be due to their introduction of a payment method called Kroger Pay, a near field communication (NFC) related program.
To learn more about Kroger Pay and how to use it, read on…
What is Kroger Pay?
Kroger Pay is a contactless payment method that easily integrates a customer’s payment and Kroger card information for a faster payment experience.
When you link the Kroger app to your Kroger Rewards Card, you can earn loyalty points and rewards.
Kroger Pay is available for Android and iOS platforms on the Apple and Google Play stores.
How do I install Kroger Pay?
Here are the simple steps you can use to set up Kroger pay:
1. First, create an account on the Kroger website.
2. Install the Kroger Pay app on your iOS or Android device.
3. To authenticate yourself, enter a PIN, or you can use facial recognition or fingerprints.
4. Make a shopping list of the Kroger locations where you usually shop, then navigate to the app’s home page to find your store.
5. After completing your account, you can add payment methods. At this point, you can attach credit or debit cards, bank accounts, and loyalty rewards cards. When you checkout, the app will debit your chosen payment method.
When you’re ready to shop, you can head to a Kroger store you pre-selected in the app, or switch stores to your liking at any time.
How do I pay with Kroger?
When paying with Kroger Pay, you can follow these steps:
1. Pick up your mobile phone and go to the self-service channel or cashier to buy.
2. Before you scan your item, you can scan the generated QR code on the app first. You can do this by placing the screen on the item scanner or handing it over to the cashier to be scanned.
3. Scan the code to buy after the code is scanned successfully, but if you use the cashier channel, they can scan the code for you to buy.
4. Enter any coupons, check your order and pay for your purchases by selecting Mobile from the app menu.
How secure is Kroger Pay?
You might be wondering how secure Kroger Pay transactions are because you’re using the app to pay, not plastic cards or cash. The best part is that they are very safe.
The company protects the details you load into the wallet app on its website. Kroger doesn’t save your account details on your phone, so no one can reveal your information when you scan your phone.
Kroger also uses tokens to represent your account and its details. The scanner then recognizes the token for proper payment.
What payment methods does Kroger accept?
In addition to using Kroger Pay, they also accept cash, personal checks, debit and credit cards, and American Express (Visa or MasterCard).
The company offers Scan, Bag and Go programs. Customers can use their mobile phone to scan their items using this app.
This saves a lot of time and effort for customers and corporate employees.
Want to learn more about Kroger? Check out these related posts to find out if Kroger delivers, if Kroger offers cash back, if Kroger sells Amazon gift cards, and if Kroger owns Publix.
Although Kroger does not accept Apple Pay, iPhone users may still use Kroger Pay for iOS and Android devices.
By paying at Kroger, the company secures the transaction.
Using Kroger Pay, customers can get the benefits and offers that the company offers through its Kroger Pay platform.