How to Cancel DashPass (Easy!)
You can cancel your DashPass subscription simply by using the DoorDash app or website. When doing this, make sure you cancel your subscription at least one day before your next scheduled subscription renewal date, as this may prevent you from being debited for the next subscription period.
After canceling your subscription, your DashPass benefits may only be valid until the end of the current subscription period. This article may help you understand the steps to follow when canceling your DashPass.
How to Cancel DashPass
You can cancel DashPass service in a number of ways. You can unsubscribe in the DoorDash app or use the DoorDash web page.
Using the smartphone app:
- First, open the DoorDash app and make sure you’re logged in.
- Go to the top left corner of the program and select the Account button.
- Select Manage DashPass from the drop-down menu.
- In the display below, select End subscription.
- Select End subscription again to complete the cancellation.
use the web:
- Visit doordash.com in your browser.
- Select Login and enter your login information. If you are already logged in, you can skip this step.
- After checking in, select the hamburger button in the upper left corner.
- Select Manage DashPass from the drop-down menu.
- Click End Subscription and Accept on the next display to end the service.
- Once DoorDash has confirmed your cancellation, you may receive a confirmation notification in the app and via email.
What is the DoorDash refund policy?
DoorDash Food Delivery Refund Policy
You can cancel your order on DoorDash before the restaurant prepares your food. You may need to visit the order status site to do this. If you cancel your order before it’s too late, your money may be refunded.
In theory, the fee for completing and delivering the service is irrevocable and non-refundable. Although DoorDash is not obligated to provide reimbursement or credit for services completed and delivered, they may do so in exceptional circumstances in their sole discretion.
DoorDash Subscription Refund
If you pay $9.99 a month for DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service, you might get free shipping on all orders of $15 or more.
You may choose to unsubscribe from these services and wonder if you can get any refunds. The following is an excerpt from the DoorDash Terms of Service:
- If you sign up for DashPass as part of a free trial or promotional service period, you can end it within the first 48 hours and receive a full refund of your monthly fee.
- DoorDash may refund your money if you stop your DashPass subscription service within the first 48 hours and do not place a DashPass-eligible order within that period.
- DoorDash may refund your annual subscription fee if you cancel your DashPass annual subscription within 30 days of your first DashPass-eligible delivery.
- If you do not agree to changes to an existing DashPass Subscription Terms of Service, you may cancel it and receive compensation. The Company may prorate from the end of the month when you unsubscribe from the Service.
Is it easy to cancel DashPass?
Cancelling a DashPass is easy and you can do it anytime. If you unsubscribe before the free trial period ends, you may not be charged. If you want to keep your service but want to cancel it, you can do so by 11:59pm the day before your service is updated so that the cancellation takes effect in time.
If you unsubscribe before completing the monthly cycle, your DashPass may remain available until the end of the payment period. Your service may be terminated and you may not be charged thereafter.
You can only cancel your order on DoorDash before the restaurant has started preparing your meal. You can do this by first logging into the Order Status website. If you cancel your order before it’s too late, your money may be returned. You cannot cancel your order upon delivery.
How to cancel DashPass without logging in
Cancel DashPass just by using the phone. You may end your subscription at any time by contacting DoorDash by calling (855) 973-1040 and asking a representative to unsubscribe.
You can unsubscribe as soon as you talk to the agent. Please note that DoorDash may temporarily suspend telephone customer support in the event of an unusually high number of customer inquiries.
Alternatively, you can use the live chat feature in this case.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Read these articles to find out when DoorDash is open, whether DoorDash delivers to hotels, and whether you can use DoorDash’s gift cards.
If you’re requesting bulky items, you’ll likely get the most from the service, as shipping costs increase with the number of orders. If you’re only ordering for yourself a few times a month, it’s probably not worth it, especially if you order from restaurants that don’t offer DashPass.
Because they offer a month for free, it’s always worth trying the service. You can get a good idea of how many times you use the service on average and whether you’ll save money by paying.
Still, if you’re only using DoorDash in emergencies or in rare cases, it’s probably not worth it.