How to Change Your Payment Method on Amazon After Your Purchase (Easy!)
Shopping on Amazon is usually a pretty straightforward process, but sometimes you may encounter some difficulties along the way, and fortunately, most of them have simple solutions, including your payment method issues.
If you find yourself unable to proceed with your payment due to an error with your payment method, don’t panic, there is a way to modify your information even after your purchase, here’s how you do it!
How to Change Your Payment Method on Amazon After Your Purchase
If you need to change some information on Amazon after purchasing an item, you can do so.
According to Amazon, you can do this in two situations, one of which is unavoidable, where your payment was unsuccessful and your order is pending, if this happens, Amazon allows you to amend your to update, change or correct any details in your payment method by following the steps below.
- Go to your order.
- Find your product or order and click “Retry Payment Method”.
- Select your preferred payment method, then select Continue.
Another scenario is that while your order is going well, you have a reason to change your payment method information, which you can change as long as your order hasn’t entered the shipping process.
Here’s how you do it:
- Go to your order.
- Select the order details link to make the modifications you need.
- Then click “Change” to edit one of your Amazon orders, including the shipping address and payment method.
- Finally, follow the instructions to change the information.
Can a payment method be removed on Amazon after a purchase?
You cannot delete a payment method for an active order on Amazon, the only way you can do this for an active order is to cancel the order and then delete the payment method associated with that order.
Except in this case, you can manage your payment method at any time, here’s what you have to do:
- Go to your account and click “Your Payments”.
- There, you can decide what you want to do between adding a payment method, editing, deleting, or any other details.
- Follow the steps described and that’s it
What payment methods does Amazon accept?
Amazon accepts multiple options when it comes to payment, while also offering customers the possibility to split payments between credit or debit cards and gift cards, allowing for variety and flexibility in the buying process.
Here are the payment methods available to Amazon customers:
- Visa (including Amazon Signature Visa Rewards Card)
- Amazon store card
- Amazon Credit Generator
- discovery network
- American Express
- EBT snapshot
- Diner’s Club (US billing addresses only)
- New York City
- China UnionPay (credit card only)
- Gift Card or Prepaid Card Visa, Mastercard or American Express
What is Amazon Pay?
Amazon Pay is a service provided by Amazon that allows its customers to make purchases and donations at third-party retailers using the payment method associated with their Amazon account.
How do I unregister Amazon Pay later?
It’s not exactly deregistration, as it means deleting your Amazon account, more like deauthorizing your payment, and according to pay.amazon.com, this is how you do it:
- First, you go to Amazon Pay and log in to view your order
- You use your Amazon credentials
- You then select “Merchant Agreement” for details about your applicable payment authorization
- There you can click Cancel Agreement
- You have completed Amazon Pay.
According to pay.amazon.com:
After you cancel your debit authorization, future attempts to charge your payment method with a debit authorization will fail. Payments made using payment authorizations in the past will not be cancelled. If you would like to request a refund of past charges, please contact the recipient of the payment.
Want to learn more about Amazon? Check out these posts to learn what Amazon Flex is, what it means to deliver to a safe location by Amazon, and whether Amazon ships to Hawaii.
If you want to change your payment after purchasing on Amazon, you can, you just need to remember that you cannot do so after your order has already entered the shipping process.
Also, if there’s something wrong with your payment method details, that’s another case where you can change it, because if you don’t, they’ll just cancel your order.
Whether you want to change your order details or delete your payment method after making a purchase, remember that this must be done before shipping, other than that, you can do anything with your information at any time you think is necessary Revise.