How to Find Someone’s Amazon Wish List (Easy!)
Amazon Wish List has been a popular feature on Amazon for years. They allow you to find what your friends and family want to buy so you can effectively brainstorm ideas for their birthdays, holidays or special occasions.
The feature has changed a bit since its launch, so finding exactly what you’re looking for can be a little tricky, especially when you’re accessing Amazon from different devices.
Luckily, the Wish List feature is easy to find and use, you just need to know where to click….
How to Find Someone’s Amazon Wish List
Not long ago, you used to just search to see your public wishlists. Amazon eventually removed this feature due to privacy concerns, but you’ll still be able to see the wishlists of people you’ve shared lists with.
As long as the person has shared their list, you should be able to find it fine. We’ll discuss how to share lists later in this article.
To find someone’s Amazon wish list, follow these simple steps:
- Visit Amazon.com and log into your account
- In the upper right corner of the page, click “Accounts and Lists”
- Click”your list”
- Near the top of the page, navigate to “your friends” Label
- You will be able to see lists that have been shared with you
As you can see, finding someone’s Amazon wish list is fairly simple when you know where to look.
However, if you visit Amazon via the mobile app rather than a desktop browser, it looks a little different.
If you want to learn more about Amazon wishlists, how they work, and how to find your friends wishlists, keep reading….
How to Find Someone’s Amazon Wish List on iPhone
The Amazon app is a convenient way to access Amazon features on your iPhone or Android device. The apps for the two different platforms are actually pretty much the same, so you should be able to find someone’s Amazon wish list on iPhone or Android.
Just like with the desktop, you just need to follow a few simple steps:
- Open the app on your iPhone or Android device
- Click the menu button in the upper left corner (looks like three horizontal bars)
- click “your list” Options
- Here you will see the list that has been shared with you, just like on the desktop
As you can see, once a wish list you’re looking for on your iPhone or Android is shared with you, it’s easier to find it. Having said that, how do we share our Amazon wish list?
How do I find my Amazon Wishlist URL?
In order to share your Amazon wishlist with others, you need to find the URL of your wishlist. The process is fairly simple:
- In your desktop browser, visit Amazon.com
- Login to your account
- hover over “Accounts and Lists” button at the top
- under “your list” tab to find the wishlist you want to share
- click “invite” button next to your wishlist, this will bring up a dialog
- You can invite others “View and Edit” your wish list, or “read only”. Now we just click “read only”
- This will allow you to choose “copy Link” or “Invite by Email”
- Click”copy Link” Copy the URL of your wishlist to the clipboard
After copying the link to the clipboard, you can send it to your friends and family to share your wishlist by pasting it into an email or message (ctrl+v).
If you just want to jot down the address, you can paste it into a text file to see the URL itself.
Although using Amazon’s Wish List feature is designed to be an easy process, there are a few details that might confuse some people. To clarify a few things about Amazon Wish List, let’s review some related questions to try and clarify some details.
Do items disappear from Amazon wishlist when purchased?
It wouldn’t be very convenient if everyone you knew was buying the same thing from your wish list. Even though there are things on Amazon that you may want to buy multiple times, many people wonder if the things they bought for others remain on their wish list for others to see.
Luckily, to avoid this kind of double-buying, which Amazon has done, items purchased from someone’s wishlist actually disappear from the list after purchase.
But what if we want to know who bought something for us? Is there a way to see who bought something from your wishlist?
Can I see who has purchased from my Amazon Wishlist?
When someone buys you something, you usually have to thank them. However, in order to thank someone who bought something for you through Amazon, we need to see who actually visited our wishlist and made a purchase.
It’s also useful if you end up with a duplicate gift and need to give it back to someone.
have to be aware of is “Thanks List” This feature is only available for custom gift registrations, such as specific birthdays, weddings or baby showers.If you want to see who bought you something from your Amazon wishlist, you can check “Thanks List” Page:
- Login to Amazon.com
- Navigate to your wish list, gift registry or baby registry
- click “Thanks List and Returns” Buttons in the sidebar on the left side of the page.
- Here you can see who purchased items from your registry
- However, if the user chooses to remain anonymous, you will not be able to see their name
- If you purchased the gift yourself from the registration form, you will not appear on the list
Hope this helps you shop for gifts as we head into the holiday season. Thanks for reading and don’t forget to leave a comment if you have any questions or concerns.
Want to learn more about Amazon?Check out these related posts, such as whether Amazon accepts EBT, whether Amazon accepts coupons, and whether Amazon ships on Sundays