How to Rate Movies on Amazon Prime (Easy!)
Amazon Prime provides a platform to watch over 5000 movies in multiple languages. Here you can find some of your favorite movies. If you’re not sure whether to watch a movie, you’ll find ratings to guide you. Likewise, you can leave reviews on Amazon Prime for future viewers.
Given that ratings are an important aspect of Amazon Prime Video, it’s critical to explore this topic extensively. Would you like to learn more about Amazon Prime ratings? continue reading….
Can you rate Amazon Prime Video?
Yes, you can rate the Amazon Prime Video movies you’ve watched. Your rating will help improve future personal recommendations and help other users decide which movies to choose. Additionally, Amazon Prime Video ranks movies by popularity. Therefore, your rating will greatly contribute to the popularity of the movie.
As mentioned above, there are three main ways to rate movies in Prime Video from a desktop browser. Here is a guide to these methods…
How to Rate Movies on Amazon Prime
Since there is no review option on the mobile app, you can only rate Amazon Prime movies on the desktop. These are the various methods you can use to score:
- Via customer reviews.
- Through improvement suggestions.
- By using the IMDB application.
How to Rate Movies on Amazon Prime Video Using the Customer Reviews Option
Rating movies from customer reviews is easy as long as you follow these steps:
- Open your favorite desktop browser
- On your browser, go to the Amazon website
- Log in to your Amazon account
- In the “Accounts” and “Lists” sections in the upper right corner, click the down arrow.
- Click on the “Your Main Video” option.
- Use the search tab to find the movie you want to view
- Once you find a movie, click it to open it
- Finally, click on the “Write a Review” option in the upper right corner. Here you will see options to write a review and rate.
How to rate movies on Amazon Prime with improved recommendations
If you choose to rate Amazon Prime Video movies using this method, other users will not be able to see the ratings you leave. So what is the purpose of ratings, one might ask? The thing is, your ratings will greatly improve your future personal show and movie recommendations.
This saves you the hassle of browsing a bunch of movies, and instead, Amazon Prime Video will quickly recommend your favorites. You can rate movies by improving recommendations if you follow these steps:
- Launch your desktop browser and log into your Amazon account
- Navigate to the Accounts & Lists section in the upper right corner and click the down arrow next to it
- Click on the “Your Recommendations” option
- Your browser will direct you to a new tab where you will select the “Improve your recommendations” option.
- From here, click on “Videos you’ve watched” to find shows and movies you’ve watched
- Select the movie you want to review.
How to Use IMDB to Rate Movies on Amazon Prime Video
When streaming content in Prime Video, you may see an IMDB rating. They are usually located in the upper left corner of the screen. As a subsidiary of Amazon Prime Video, IMDB is rated on its platform. Prime Video also presents these ratings to customers.
Here’s how to rate Prime Video movies using IDMB:
- On a browser, open the IMDB webpage
- Select the login option and log in to your Amazon account
- Use the search option at the top to find the movie you want to rate
- Click on a movie of your choice to open it
- Move to the top right corner of the screen and click the “Rating” option next to the star icon
- You can now rate movies between 1 and 10 stars
Why can’t I rate movies on the Amazon Prime App?
People using the Amazon Prime app complain that they can’t rate movies. People should know that the app doesn’t offer ratings yet.
Therefore, if they wish to leave a rating, a desktop browser is recommended, as Amazon is committed to making the feature accessible on the app.
Why is my comment lacking “helpful” action?
Usually, there will be a delete and edit option available for you under your comment. This way, you can change your comment or delete it permanently.
Only other customers who see your review will have access to helpful options. Once they’ve determined that your review was helpful, they may click the “Helpful” button.
What if I have difficulty grading my film?
While it’s unlikely you’ll have a problem rating a movie on Amazon Prime Video, you can always call or email Amazon Customer Service just in case.
Why can’t I see my reviews on Amazon?
Three reasons your comment might not appear. Amazon may delete, block, or limit the number of reviews due to policy violations.
However, sometimes this may not be the case, as reviews often take up to two weeks to appear. This shouldn’t cause panic.
Does Amazon have a profanity filter?
Yes, Amazon Prime Video has a profanity filter. TV Guardian automatically filters profanity and any other offensive terms to help you enjoy your favorite shows and movies.
It can easily connect VCR and TV, satellite receiver, DVD and cable box.
Want to learn more about Amazon? Check out these posts to learn about Amazon delivery times, what it means for Amazon to deliver to a safe location, and whether Honey works on Amazon.
Amazon Prime exposes you to a whole new world of great movies. Watching and leaving comments on this platform will undoubtedly enhance the experience on this platform. Once you’ve decided how to rate your videos, the rest is easy.