How to Reject Amazon Packages (Everything You Need to Know…)
Say you shop on Amazon and you realize you bought the wrong item, do you have to keep it and lose money? of course not.
If you want to refuse delivery of your order, you can, Amazon allows any customer to refuse delivery, however, there are a few things you should know before refusing Amazon delivery.
Also, keep in mind that there is a difference between canceling an order and rejecting an Amazon delivery, both work in different environments and require different procedures, so clearing it will be part of this guide.
So you received a package that you didn’t ask for, or you received your package in unacceptable circumstances, what do you do?
How to reject Amazon packages?
If you don’t have the opportunity to cancel the order before it ships, or you didn’t even participate in the purchase and want to reject it, you can simply tell the person at the door that you don’t want the package and it will be shipped back to Amazon and the buyer will get a full refund .
It’s easy, but if you have control over canceling the order before sending it, it will prevent unnecessary extra work on both sides.
Remember not to open the package as this may be considered acceptance of it in some cases.
So there’s your answer, if you don’t want it you don’t have to accept it, it’s that simple, but how about canceling before the package is rejected at your door, what does “reject recipient” mean?
Read on to be better prepared if you find yourself in a similar situation…
What does Recipient Reject mean?
This means that the person who received the package rejected it and the carrier must return it to Amazon. If the recipient doesn’t know anything about the delivery and doesn’t expect any packages, then that’s a good reason to reject it.
This will cause the package to be marked and sent back to the seller, or in some cases to a courier warehouse, in case there are still some things that need clarification.
Can you get your money back if you refuse delivery?
Yes, if you provide a valid reason for rejecting the order, you will get a refund, the item will be returned to Amazon and you will be refunded.
This can change when dealing with third-party sellers, but usually, you’ll get your money back without a hitch.
How to cancel an order?
First, if you decide to decline Amazon fulfillment, you must check the status of your order, as the process varies slightly depending on the shipping stage.
What if your order doesn’t ship?
This is the easiest way to cancel an order if you want to cancel it but it has not shipped.
- First, go to “Your Orders” and select the item you want to cancel, then click “Cancel Item”.
- You can then state the reason for the cancellation or refusal of the order
Click to uncheck the item.
After following these steps, your order will be cancelled and you will receive a refund as soon as possible.
What if the order has already shipped?
If your order status shows shipped, you can still request a cancellation.
- You must go to “Your Orders” and request a cancellation.
- After that, if you have already paid for the product, the item will be returned to Amazon for a full refund.
What is an undeliverable package?
While this is mostly a decision made by the carrier or Amazon itself, it’s still part of the shipping process, and knowing them will save you a lot of trouble if they don’t follow the rules.
According to Amazon, sometimes a package can be marked undeliverable for a number of reasons, which can cause the carrier to return it:
- The address written is invalid. Packages are stored for a period of time, which may vary by responsible carrier, before being returned to Amazon. Remember to double check the address when placing your order.
- Amazon didn’t recognize how the address was entered, or the carrier couldn’t deliver the package to that address.
- You have selected a restricted address, such as a correctional facility, correctional facility, or other similar address, there may be restrictions that prevent the package from being delivered.
- After one or two attempts, the carrier was unable to deliver the package. If this happens, they will send the package back to Amazon and mark it as undeliverable.
- The person who received the package refuses to deliver it, which can happen when the gift recipient refuses the item or delivers it incorrectly. When this happens, the package will be returned to Amazon and the buyer will receive a full refund. The advice is that they notify the person who received the package or those close to them to avoid misunderstandings about the accident.
- The package is damaged, so it is immediately marked as undeliverable
Want to learn more about Amazon? Check out these related articles to learn what to do if your Amazon package is sent to the wrong house and Amazon hasn’t shipped it for a few days, and find out if Amazon Fresh is included in Prime.
There are several situations that might make you want to reject an Amazon package, whether or not you are the one who purchased the item, and regardless of how the transaction went. Amazon has prepared for these scenarios, which don’t happen very often, but can lead to some confusion.
In any case, keep in mind that you can always cancel or reject an Amazon order at any stage, but keep in mind that it is better if you decide to cancel before they arrive, otherwise both sellers and buyers need to do more Work.
If you get a surprise package, there’s no way to react until it reaches you, so you know what to do if that happens.