Who is Target’s Style Consultant? (All you must know!)
As part of a collaborative, guest-focused team, Target employees help create experiences that make consumers fall in love with them. When you work at Target, your sole purpose is to help families discover joy in every life activity.
At Target, employees work with a dedicated, enthusiastic team who take pride and passion in everything they do. Shoppers love visiting Target because they get that “Insta-worthy” look at a pretty affordable price.
Among the many people who work at Target are style consultants. What do they do and how did you become a part of them? Read on to discover more.
What is Target’s Style Consultant?
Style consultants are professionals with a passion for accessories and clothing. They enable quick and immediate self-discovery through the use of compelling in-store presentations to deliver stylish energy. Style consultants come in handy when it comes to meeting the needs of Target’s many guests on the sales floor.
You may also need their help in the fitting room. These people have the resources to assist with accessories, gear, and building baskets to increase top-line sales.
What do Target’s style consultants do?
Target is an organization that believes its members have experience that will help them develop career skills. Here’s how style consultants have contributed to the growth of the retail giant:
- They execute personalized shopping tips, merchandising strategies and Rafale styling consultations. All of these help build the guest basket.
- Style consultants cover retail business fundamentals such as inventory management, departmental sales trends, pricing and promotions, guest shopping patterns, and basic visual merchandising.
- Style consultants play a central role in industry trends including fit, style, brand differentiation and fabrics.
Is it hard to be a style consultant at Target?
Generally speaking, as long as you have excellent organizational skills and time awareness, you will find it enjoyable to work as a style consultant at Target.
Also, once you join the organization, you will go through a rigorous training process where you will learn everything about handling jobs.
Knowing the work tools, rules and regulations will make your job easier.
How much do style consultants make at Target?
Typically, Target-style consultants in the US make $18 an hour. Target technicians typically earn between $14 and $26 an hour. This amount is about 28% higher than the national average.
A Day in the Life of a Goal Style Consultant
A typical day for a Target Style Consultant includes using store tools and understanding the business’s sales goals, inventory levels, top departments, foot traffic, peak times, shortage categories, and more.
How to become a fashion lover
You can become a fashion lover by:
- Inspire visitors to design ensembles through personal touches, engaging visual displays and mannequin moments.
- Keep up with trends and brand guidelines to create a welcoming shopping experience. You can also achieve this by adhering to visual merchandising guidelines and aesthetic standards.
- Encourage clients to conduct research across all accessories and apparel segments by organizing, contracting and promoting products to match popular fashion trends
- Verify that items are available for purchase by evaluating and replenishing back-office and sales floor inventory.
- Improve your business skills to beat clearance products and promotional deals. In this way, you can assure your customers a pleasant shopping experience.
- Re-sell new items and update the brand space. By doing this, you can unite for product changes and keep your visitors inspired year after year.
How to Proactively Sell
You can become an active seller by:
- Greet visitors and introduce yourself as a consultant to the department while working on current assignments
- Query open queries to discover visitor wishes and requirements and inform them of features and benefits
- Actively promote and introduce new brands to shoppers to build brand loyalty.
- Attract sales floor visitors and promote in fitting rooms by suggesting styles and accessories they might like and constantly checking them
- Use myCheckout to create orders in-store and let guests know about any unavailable options and sizes
- Thank shoppers for purchasing from Target and remind them that they can ask you for help in the future without hesitation
- Focus on clothing and accessories fitting rooms and floor mats while balancing activities
- Provide personalized service and shopping experience
- always lead by example
- perform any other duties assigned to you by the company
What does it take to become a target style consultant?
If you want to become a Style Consultant at Target, it may be helpful to know that the company considers the following people to be a good fit for the job:
- Tea drinkers work in a dynamic environment
- Individuals dedicated to helping consumers fall in love with Target
- People who don’t want a desk job because you’ll be standing up most of the time
- People who want to sell at Target
What skills do you need to be a style consultant?
Before Target considers you for a fashion consultant role, they will look to the following essential skills:
- Has an enduring interest in learning about anything to do with clothes and accessories
- Hospitality and helpful attitude towards team members and guests
- Be familiar with and adapt to modern technical requirements
- effective communication skills
- Ability to work individually and as a team member
- Ability to quickly resolve guest inquiries on site
What is the work environment like?
As a Target-style consultant, your job requires you to process cash register transactions accurately. In addition, part of your job includes getting up and down ladders, scanning, handling and moving items safely and efficiently.
In addition, this job offers you flexible working hours. This way, you can choose to only work at your convenience.
Target employee benefits
Working at Target has its benefits. Some of these include:
- Health: Dental benefits, medical and pharmacy benefits, critical illness coverage, and vision glasses coverage.
- Finances: TGT 401(k) plans, family leave, life insurance, identity theft protection, getting your paycheck before payday, Target Credit Union, disability insurance, and more.
- Careers: Mentoring and coaching, leadership development programs, and growth through free educational assistance.
- Education: Debt-Free Education Programs, Free Tutoring, Tuition Assistance, and High School Graduation from Reputable Schools.
Want to learn more about goals? Check out these posts to learn what supertargets are, how to delete purchase history on the Target app, and when Target restocks.
If you want to become a style consultant at Target, we hope this article gave you an idea of the job. A style consultant must have excellent communication and organizational skills. They also need to be hospitable and answer guest inquiries on the spot.