Does IKEA have curbside pickup? (how it works + things to watch out for)
Subsidiaries disclose: We may receive commissions for links in this article.
IKEA is one of the most popular homeware and furniture stores in the world, so you might be wondering if you plan to shop there: Does IKEA offer curbside pickup?
Well, keep reading below as I’ll tell you everything I’ve found about the IKEA pickup and delivery method, like how it works and more!
Will IKEA have curbside pickup in 2022?
IKEA does offer curbside pickup to customers if you use the IKEA Click and Collect service. The service requires you to shop online, then select the nearest participating IKEA store, and once it’s in stock, you can easily pick it up. However, not all IKEA stores will offer curbside pickup in 2022.
Would you like to learn more about IKEA’s curbside pickup procedure, such as what you should be aware of? If so, read on for more important details before buying!
How does IKEA curbside pickup work?
Click and Collect is IKEA’s pickup service that works similarly to other curbside pickup services, and you can start using it right away by following these guidelines:
- Shopping on the IKEA website
- When you start checkout, select “Pickup” or “Click & Collect”
- Find a participating store near you
- Select your pickup date and time
- Check your order confirmation in your email
- Your order will be processed and filled
- You will receive a second email letting you know when your order is ready for pickup
- Bring your government-issued photo ID and your order confirmation number to the store
- Follow store signs for Click & Collect service
- Your order will be brought to your car
- It’s a good idea to check your order to make sure all your items are brought out
Can I choose a substitute for IKEA curbside pickup?
IKEA does allow you to choose someone as a substitute for IKEA curbside pickup orders, and you can designate this person during the checkout process.
However, the replacement you choose will need a government-issued photo ID and order confirmation number to pick up the order.
Things to keep in mind when using an IKEA roadside pickup
Here are a few things to keep in mind if you plan to use IKEA for curbside pickup:
- If an item is unavailable or becomes unavailable before your order is processed and picked up, an email will be sent to you prior to your scheduled pickup time
- If some items you ordered are out of stock, you can pick them up in stages
- If an item is unavailable, you have the option to cancel the entire order and get a refund
- Not all IKEA stores participate in IKEA Store Pickup
- A $5 Click and Collect fee will be charged for orders under $49
- You must pick it up within 24 hours of the pickup date or it will be cancelled and you will receive a refund
- Only a limited number of curbside service pick-up spaces are available each day
- Only a certain number of items are allowed to be sold each day, so items may be out of stock due to this restriction
- Customers can only designate someone else during the checkout process to pick up curbside orders
- Once the picking process is complete, you will not be able to modify the order
- IKEA curbside pickup times vary by location, you’ll see click-to-collect times for your local store during the checkout process
- You don’t need to get out of the car to use click and collect
- You don’t need to tip the worker who delivers the product to the vehicle
How long does it take for IKEA Click & Collect?
IKEA Click & Collect orders are usually packed and ready within 3 hours, so around the time you receive your second email.
However, sometimes this may change, such as during IKEA’s busy holiday season, where it may take longer to process and pick your order.
Does IKEA have curbside pickup in Canada?
IKEA’s participating Canadian locations do have curbside pickup, but there will be a flat $5 fee for using the Click and Collect service.
Does IKEA Burlington have curbside pickup?
IKEA Burlington does offer curbside pickup, Monday through Sunday from 8am to 9pm.
Does IKEA Ottawa have curbside pickup?
IKEA Ottawa does participate in Click and Collect curbside pickup, with hours including:
- Monday to Friday – 9am to 9pm
- Saturday – 9am to 9pm
- Sunday – 9am to 7pm
Does IKEA Burbank have curbside pickup?
IKEA Burbank participates in curbside pickup program Monday through Sunday,
10am to 9pm.
Does IKEA Renton have curbside pickup?
IKEA in Renton does offer curbside pickup, but hours of operation vary by day, with the following schedule:
- Monday to Friday – 10am to 9pm
- Saturday – 9am to 9pm
- Sunday – 9am to 8pm
Does IKEA Atlanta have curbside pickup?
IKEA in Atlanta does have curbside pickup, running Monday through Sunday from 9am to 9pm.
Does IKEA Calgary have curbside pickup?
IKEA Calgary stores do offer curbside pickup, but hours of operation vary by day of the week, including the following:
- Monday to Friday – 9am to 8pm
- Saturday – 9am to 7pm
- Sunday – 9am to 6pm
Does IKEA Guangzhou have curbside pickup?
IKEA Guangzhou does offer curbside pickup and is open Monday to Sunday from 10am to 9pm.
Does IKEA Stoughton have curbside pickup?
Stoughton IKEA locations offer curbside pickup to customers at the following times:
- Monday to Saturday – 6am to 9pm
- Sunday- 6am to 8pm
To learn more, you can also read our post on IKEA headquarters, IKEA complaints and what is IKEA.
IKEA does offer curbside pickup at most of its locations, although it’s called click and collect, and you can select this option during the checkout process when ordering online.
Plus, you can easily select participating stores, then pick a pickup date and time, and you’ll be notified when you place an order and again when your order is ready for pickup.