How do I delete a USPS account? (step-by-step guide)
Subsidiaries disclose: We may receive commissions for links in this article.
With a USPS account, users can print shipping labels, request a pickup, and file a lost package claim. This is a useful service for many people, but some users may want to delete their USPS account.
So, how do I delete a USPS account? We’ll cover how to do that in this article, so keep reading to learn more!
How to Delete a USPS Account in 2022
Online USPS accounts can be deleted in 2022. There are two ways to delete an account. One, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Request to Delete Account.” Alternatively, contact the USPS Support Center on the Postal Service website.
If you’ve decided to delete your USPS account and still need some help, be sure to keep reading!
Can you delete your USPS account?
It is possible to delete your online USPS account, but having said that, you cannot delete your account directly from the USPS database.
Instead, you’ll need to email USPS to delete your account, or you’ll need to contact the USPS Support Center and have someone do this for you.
We present step-by-step instructions for both methods in the next section.
How do you delete your USPS account?
As mentioned above, there are two ways to delete your USPS account.
One way is to email the Postal Service and request account deletion.
Alternatively, you can visit the USPS Support Center online and submit a support request.
Now that we know these two options, let’s look at instructions on how to delete a USPS account.
How to delete a USPS account via email:
- Log in to your preferred email account and add details about your USPS account in the body of the email.
- Compose an email requesting that your account be removed from the USPS database. Include the email address you used to register your account in the body of the email.
- Enter “Request Account Deletion” or “USPS Account Deletion” in the subject line.
- Send your email to email@example.com.
Your account should be removed from the database within 3 to 4 business days.
How to delete a USPS account through the USPS support page:
- Navigate to the USPS website and log in to your account.
- Click the Support icon in the upper right corner of the page.
- On the next page, click “Email Us”.
- When prompted for a reason for your email, select USPS.com.
- Select “My Online Account” on the next page.
- Enter your username in the form that appears.
- Select “Profile” from the drop-down menu under “Can you tell us more about your online account?”
- Add your request date.
- Write instructions to delete your account in the Additional Information box.
- Click Next. “
- Enter your personal information (name and email address) and click Next.
After completing all these steps, you have successfully submitted your account deletion request to the USPS support team.
Why would someone delete a USPS account?
There is no doubt that a USPS account is very useful. After all, having an account allows you to print shipping labels, request pickups, and file lost mail claims.
But even with all these advantages, there are some people who prefer to delete their accounts.
Here are a few reasons why some people might choose to get rid of their USPS account.
- They receive suspicious or spam emails that appear to be from USPS
- They move out of the US and no longer use USPS services
- They get too many advertising emails from USPS
To learn more, you can also read our posts on USPS and DHL, why your USPS account is disabled, and how to stop mail forwarding at USPS.
Fortunately, the USPS makes creating an online account as easy as deleting an account. All you need to do is email or contact the USPS support team.
After USPS receives your request, your account will be deleted in just a few days.