How to Share an Amazon Shopping Cart (Step by Step + Additional FAQs)
Subsidiaries disclose: We may receive commissions for links in this article.
You want to share your Amazon shopping cart with others before you buy, but you want to know how to do it?
Well, keep reading below to find out what I’ve learned about how to share an Amazon shopping cart and the step-by-step process you need to take!
How to Share an Amazon Cart in 2022
You can’t share your Amazon shopping cart directly through Amazon, so you’ll need to download a third-party browser plug-in, such as Share-A-Cart or Shopping Cart Share. There are several free plugins and extensions for your browser that allow you to create a unique ID and then share your ID with others in 2022.
Would you like to learn more about sharing your Amazon shopping cart, like if you can do this on an iOS or Android device? If so, read on for that answer and more!
How to share Amazon Cart using Share-A-Cart?
You can share your Amazon shopping cart in minutes using Share-A-Cart, and best of all, Share-A-Cart is available for Firefox, Windows Edge, Google Chrome and Android!
Also, if you want to use Share-A-Cart on Firefox or Google Chrome, just follow these simple steps to share your shopping cart with friends and family in minutes:
- Download the Share-A-Cart add-on on Firefox or Chrome by searching in “Add-ons”
- Log in to your Amazon account and add items to your cart
- Open the plugin and select “Create Cart ID”
- will generate a unique code
- Share the cart ID with the person you want to share the cart with
- You can choose to copy and paste your cart ID into the email, or choose to use the plugin to send the cart ID directly through one of the supported messengers
- Recipients need to download the Share-A-Cart plugin to their browser
- The recipient then enters this code into the plugin and your Amazon cart will load directly into their Amazon cart
- This will allow recipients to use their card or the regular checkout process on Amazon to purchase the items you put in your cart
How to share Amazon shopping cart using cart sharing?
Another plugin you can use to share your Amazon shopping cart is Shopping Cart Share, it is one of the most popular options and one of the easiest to use, follow these steps:
- Download the Shopping Cart Share extension on Google Chrome or use the Google Play Store for Android
- Log in to your Amazon account
- Go to your cart
- Select “Share” from the Amazon shopping cart page
- Send your Amazon cart link to your friends and family
- There’s a great how-to video to show you the steps and give you more information if you need help setting it up
Can you move your Amazon wishlist to the Amazon cart?
If you use a plugin like Shopping Cart Share, you can easily move your Amazon Wishlist to your Amazon shopping cart by following these steps:
- Log in to your Amazon account
- Select “Accounts and Lists”
- Find the wish list you want to add to your Amazon cart
- Select “Move to Cart” using the cart sharing extension
- Repeat the process as needed
Plus, you don’t even have to do anything else with Shopping Cart Share because it automatically detects the listing and then links it to your Amazon shopping cart.
How long can you keep it in your Amazon shopping cart?
You can keep items in your Amazon cart for about two weeks, but some items in your cart may be out of stock if you leave them out for a long time before buying.
Therefore, if you have an item you want to buy, you should avoid keeping it in your cart for too long, especially when it comes to popular items like video game consoles.
Video game consoles and other hot-selling items can be out of stock within hours, but for everyday household items, you probably won’t have this problem.
However, how long you can leave items in your Amazon cart depends on whether you’re logged in or browsing as a guest. Guests will refresh their cart every 30 minutes.
So if you want to keep items in your Amazon cart, you should create an account before continuing so you don’t have to worry about 30 minutes to refresh and share your cart.
How many items can an Amazon shopping cart hold?
Did you know that an Amazon shopping cart can hold 1,000 items, but only 50 if they are different from each other?
However, this is what Amazon users claim, and Amazon has no official numbers on how many items your cart can hold or how many unique items it can hold.
To learn more, you can also read our posts on what is Amazon Day, what is Amazon Warehouse Deals, and what is the Amazon Shopper Panel.
You cannot share your shopping cart directly with Amazon, you need to download one of the many browser extensions or plugins available, such as Shopping Cart Share or Share-A-Cart.
However, once you’ve downloaded one of these addons, you can quickly share your Amazon cart with family and friends by enabling the addon and going to your Amazon cart. You can create a unique ID to share your cart or share directly from 3rd party extensions.