Where is the claim code on an Amazon gift card? – how to buy?
Amazon attracts customers with a wide range of products including electronics, home appliances, gardening supplies, and more. In addition, the company sells different gift cards that can be used for payment or given as gifts to others.
When many customers use it for the first time, they think: “Where is the claim code on an Amazon gift card?“. If you are one of them, let this article help you answer it!
Where is the claim code for the 2022 Amazon Gift Card?
The company issues many different gift cards to its customers; however, the designs are relatively similar. After peeling off the outer layer, you will identify the 14-character sequence of letters and numbers on the back of the card. Below is the text “Declaration Code” with two arrows pointing to the sequence of characters. Some will have a camera icon on the left and a gift box on the right.
If you want to learn more about gift card redemption, issues and solutions, and related issues, don’t miss this article!
Where to Find Amazon Gift Card Application Codes
How do I redeem gift cards on Amazon?
You can redeem them through the retail chain’s website and app. Additionally, you can enter codes in the “Gift Cards and Promotional Codes” box in the checkout section.
How to Redeem an Amazon Gift Card
use the website
- Sign in to your Amazon account and select Accounts & Listings.
- Under the “Your Account” menu bar, click “Gift Card Balance.”
- Next, select the yellow “Redeem Gift Card” button and enter the 14-digit code.
Use the app
- Sign in to the Amazon app and click on the menu bar.
- Scroll down to the Payments section and select Manage Gift Card Balance.
- Next, select “Redeem Another Gift Card” and enter the required 14 characters. You can also scan it at this step by clicking the camera icon next to it.
Whether you are using the website or the app to redeem these tokens, you should also be aware of the following:
- You don’t have to use them right after redemption. Instead, these vouchers are stored in your account and automatically applied to eligible orders.
- You can also opt out of paying with this token by unchecking “Use your $X.XX gift and promotion balance” in the checkout section.
- If your order total exceeds the requested tokens, the system will automatically deduct the remainder from your default payment method.
How to fix gift card redemption issues
Gift card has been redeemed
If you get an error message that the card has been redeemed, your account or someone else may have used the card before. In this case, try checking the “Gift Card Balance” to see if it has been saved to your account.
The system will automatically store your voucher after redemption. So you don’t need to re-enter multiple times to determine ownership.
Gift card was applied to the wrong account
You can enter a gift code and use it when you need to pay. Or you can change it in the checkout section.
A card applied to the wrong account occurs when you enter a code into an account but redeem it with another account and use it for payment.
Remember, once your certificate is redeemed, one account can only use it. Therefore, you cannot transfer or balance it to anyone else.
Claim code is not readable
If there is a problem with the card purchased from the store, please contact the store for assistance. Please note that you should bring your purchase receipt with you for redemption.
If you purchased on Amazon.com, you can contact them through the company’s website. The information you need to provide includes:
- Card serial number, usually 16 or 30 digits
- ordinal (if any)
- Buyer name and recipient name
- The email address or home address from which the message was sent
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Amazon gift cards sold in stores?
Yes, you can find them in convenience stores, pharmacies and some retail stores in the US. They may be:
These card values include $15, $25, $50 and $100. Additionally, some stores issue these vouchers, ranging in price from $25 to $500, and you can customize their value. You can visit the company’s website or the Good Keeping listing for more details.
Additionally, you can order via email on the company’s website, print from home, text message, and more. To place an order, you need to follow these steps:
- Log in to your account and select the “Gift Cards” section
- Choose the type you want to buy. You can follow up on their categories like Occasion, Events & Programs, Fun & Festive Forms, and more.
- Select or manually enter the desired value
- Select “Add to Cart” and “Proceed to Checkout”.
- Provide the necessary information and payment method, then click Continue.
- Finally, select “Place your order” to complete the order process
What is an Amazon Gift Card Request Code?
It is usually 14 to 15 characters and consists of numbers and letters. They are divided into 4 to 6 different characters separated by hyphens. (eg, AB11-CDA5KZ-POFT7)
Can I split purchases with an Amazon gift card?
Yes, you can separate your transaction from the portion you paid for with the gift certificate and use a different payment method for the remaining portion. To do this, you select “Add payment option” and add the token along with other selected payment methods in the checkout section.
As you read this, it means the question:”Where is the claim code on an Amazon gift card?” was answered. It is the 14-character alphanumeric sequence on the back of the card.
You can redeem it to your account in advance through the company’s app or website. Or you can use it in the last step of entering the code.
You should also write down your account and check your existing card before entering a new one to avoid redemption card errors.
These cards are sold at most retail stores and range in price from $5 to $500. If your balance is low, you can use it with other payment methods.