Why does Grubhub keep canceling my orders? (What to know!)
Dinners with a Grubhub account can be ordered anytime from their favorite local restaurant. Grubhub serves more than 32 million diners around the world every day.
Occasionally, Grubhub may cancel your order when you order from your favorite location. Various reasons may lead to this cancellation. Would you like to know why Grubhub keeps canceling your orders? We have the correct answer to this question in this article.
Why does Grubhub keep canceling my orders?
Grubhub can cancel your order after an hour or so for various reasons. Most of these reasons may stem from restaurants under its network. Here are some reasons why Grubhub may cancel your order:
- If you place an order at an odd time, they may have difficulty delivering, or the merchant may not be able to prepare it for you.
- Failure of communication between the Grubhub platform, your payment provider and binding may result in the cancellation of your order.
- Due to unavoidable circumstances, the merchant may not be able to prepare and pack your order, therefore asking Grubhub to cancel your order.
Can Grubhub drivers cancel orders?
Yes, Grubhub drivers can cancel orders just like restaurants. You can call Grubhub Support and explain why you wish to cancel an accepted order. Grubhub drivers don’t have to accept every order delivery request.
In the event of an emergency or wrongly accepted orders, you can cancel them or suspend taking dinner orders for a certain period of time. You can stop accepting orders by clicking the red button.
Why does Grubhub say “Unfortunately your order could not be processed?”
You can place your order from anywhere using the Grubhub app for your smartphone. In areas with poor network coverage, you will receive such feedback every time you place an order.
You may need a solid network to communicate between your smartphone, Grubhub server, and your favorite restaurant.
Sometimes you may not realize that you are in an area with poor coverage until you try Grubhub service. With this type of issue, you may not be able to order or view available restaurants.
How to use Grubhub
Grubhub does not prepare the food they serve, but there are several restaurants registered under their network that do. They can only interact with restaurants through delivery people who pick up the food in person at the restaurant.
They act as an intermediary between dinner and restaurants under their network.
Grubhub takes dinner orders, processes and filters them, and directs each order to the appropriate restaurant. The restaurant then processes and packs the order for the delivery guy to pick. You can place an order on Grubhub by following the steps below.
Sign in to the Grubhub website, or if you already have an account.
- Find food in the search bar.
- Choose your favorite restaurant considering delivery time, price and distance.
- If you want to add something to your order on the restaurant page, you can peruse the menu and select Add.
- See if you’re sure you have the correct order.
- Fill in the correct address information at this point and confirm your order details.
- Enter your payment details.
- If you include it when you log in, Grubhub will send an order confirmation text with an estimated delivery time to your phone number.
Cancellation and Refund
Grubhub is the one who determines the validity of the fault before processing your refund. You can request a refund by calling Grubhub customer service by following the steps below:
- Call +1 (877) 585-1085.
- Talk to customer service and explain why you are calling.
- Request a refund for your order.
- Wait for an email from Grubhub (You can also check your spam folder.)
Refund arrival time
After Grubhub issues a refund for your order, you have five business days to have the funds returned to your account. Refunds can sometimes take longer, depending on your bank’s policies.
While it’s not possible to check the status of your refund, Grubhub recommends that users estimate the timing of their refund from the time they receive the refund confirmation email.
How to Elevate Your Grubhub Connection Issues
In areas with poor network coverage, you can use the speedify app to fix your Grubhub connection. Speedify fixes Grubhub connection issues by improving your Internet coverage and connection.
It monitors the quality of your internet connection and increases bandwidth while browsing the Grubhub website or using the mobile app.
Want to learn more about Grubhub? Check out our related posts to learn why Grubhub is shutting down, how to rate Grubhub drivers, and how to use cash value on Grubhub.
While many dinners turn to Grubhub for delivery, some events may result in order cancellations, and they may not notify you immediately.
Orders can be cancelled by dinner, driver or restaurant. Grubhub will only allow refunds for faulty orders.