Does Starbucks have cash back? (Yes, but…)
One of the best ways to save some money is through cash back, however, not every retailer and food chain offers cash back to customers.
Starbucks isn’t known for being cheap or having a lot of special offers (although they do have some rewards programs like stars you collect by purchasing Starbucks products), which is why you might be wondering if there’s any way to get Starbucks cash back.
If you’re interested in learning about Starbucks cash back and more about cards and rewards, you’ve come to the right place!
Does Starbucks have cash back?
Starbucks does not offer debit card cash back at any of its locations. However, their Starbucks Rewards credit card does offer 4% cash back on all dining, entertainment, and streaming services, 3% cash back at grocery stores, and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
In addition to that, you can also find another answer to “cash back” at Starbucks, which is redeeming the cash value of gift cards, an option only available to customers in California and Oregon.
To submit a cash back request to Starbucks, please follow these steps:
- First, you must be enrolled in the Starbucks Gift Card Cash Exchange Program
- Then click on Gift Card Cash Exchange
- There you will enter your gift card number and PIN
- Select your state and enter your zip code
- Click “Continue”
- Enter your customer details
- press submit
If you want to learn more about Starbucks Rewards and how Starbucks Cash Back works, keep reading!
Does Starbucks offer cash back on debit cards?
No, you can pay with a debit card, but you can’t get cash back at Starbucks.
Only those with a Starbucks credit card can apply cash back to their monthly statement, not a direct withdrawal like you get from a grocery store or ATM.
Can you get cash back from a Starbucks card?
Yes, the Starbucks Credit Card will give you cash back on all your dining purchases.
However, an unfortunate scam for Starbucks credit cards is the $95 annual fee. However, if you spend more than $2,375 per year on meals or entertainment, the cash back benefit will reimburse the cost.
What are the benefits of getting a Starbucks Card?
If you get a Starbucks Card as a member, there are many benefits, including cash back, so let’s take a look at some of them.
- Every year on your birthday, you can get a free drink or food from the Starbucks menu.
- As a cardholder, you’ll get a one-time-a-month coupon for a free handcrafted drink for up to $10.
- One of the greatest benefits of being a Starbucks Rewards Visa cardholder is that you get more Stars and they never expire, which means that, unlike regular customers, you can keep saving your Stars for great rewards instead of letting them expire6 within a month.
- You’ll be able to get extended warranty protection that extends the U.S. manufacturer’s warranty for a full year, with eligible warranties of three years or less
- You also get Purchase Protection, which means it will cover your purchases for 120 days against any type of damage or theft, up to $500 per claim and up to $50,000 per account
- You can get travel and emergency assistance services, including legal and medical referrals or other travel and emergency assistance.
Want to learn more about Starbucks? Check out these related posts to find out why Starbucks is so expensive, whether Starbucks accepts $100 bills, and what the lines on Starbucks cups mean.
Everyone likes to save money or get some back, so even if it’s a bit limited, Starbucks is giving customers the benefit of cash back.
Remember, the only way to get cash back is to download the Starbucks app and become a member, as it’s only available to Starbucks Rewards Visa cardholders.