Can you send Amazon gifts anonymously? (Yes or No…Learn more!)
Christmas is almost here and for most people around the world that means it’s gift-giving season and Amazon is the go-to buy a lot of the time, but assuming you want to buy a gift anonymously or have some special surprise planned, you can gift ? Is someone anonymous on Amazon?
There’s something really funny and cheeky about Anonymous Gifts, if you want to learn how to do it, or if it’s possible, read on…
Can you send gifts anonymously on Amazon?
No, you cannot send gifts anonymously through Amazon. The reason behind this is that there are two addresses on the transaction invoice, the delivery address and the billing address, which are required by Amazon to fulfill its security protocols to avoid any kind of illegal or suspicious activity.
Is there a solution? Technically yes! However, you need to do a few things to make it work.
Read on to find out more…
How to send gifts anonymously through Amazon
If you want to send gifts anonymously through Amazon, you can do this:
- The first step is to purchase a gift card with the amount you want to spend on the gift.
- Then, you choose your email address as the recipient of the gift card.
- After a while, you will receive an email with the code.
- Go to Amazon and search for the product you want and add it to your cart
- Sometimes there is an option to check an item as a gift, you can choose to do so and you’ll get your gift wrapped and ready to send as a beautiful surprise, if there’s no option, don’t worry, it just won’t be wrapped.
- When you’re ready to buy the item, proceed to checkout and add the shipping address of the person who will receive the gift.
- On the Select Gift Options page, check the box for Gift Receipts so you can hide receipts for items.
- Now when you add a gift card you will be anonymous as it will not appear on the gift, then pay with your card and that’s it!
You can also use a pseudonym on a different account, but we don’t recommend it, as it’s illegal and against Amazon’s guidelines, so you could get into serious trouble and lose your Amazon account permissions.
Another option you could consider is to send the item to your own address, then go to the post office and send it yourself, it’s an extra step, but it’s safe and legal, and you’ll be sure it’s anonymous.
If you’re wondering about other alternatives that don’t include Amazon purchases, here are a few worth checking out.
Looking for money saving tips? Have you heard of Woot Amazon?
What other alternatives can I use to give gifts anonymously?
There are several other ways to do this, so let’s review some of the most common and review each to see if it’s worth it.
Send gifts by mail
Like we said, this happens after you get a gift from any retailer, then you follow these steps:
- After receiving the item, you must wrap the gift and include a small note explaining why you purchased the gift. Of course, if you want to be more creative, you can ask them to find notes with clues.
- Then put the package in the mail or shipping box to avoid damage. If it’s a fragile package, make sure to pack it accordingly.
- This is one of the most important steps, write down the address and name of the consignee, but make sure there are no mistakes as you won’t be writing your own address so you can’t have it back to you.
- In the end, all you need to do is mail the package with the gift through the public post office or a private company of your choice.
Send gifts using eBay
eBay is another very popular retailer with a very wide selection of pre-owned items and good reliability with sellers, so if you’re looking for odd gifts like vintage wonders or very rare items , then you can buy it here, and of course, here’s how you can give your gift anonymously:
- First, buy the item you want to give away and add the recipient’s name and address on your eBay.
- Please use your shipping information when adding items.
- The person receiving the item will not be able to access any information about you unless a packing slip is included, which will reveal your eBay name, however, you can avoid this by simply notifying the seller that you do not want it included pack.
After completing each step, simply track the package so you know it has reached its desired destination.
Things to keep in mind when giving gifts anonymously
If you’re planning to buy some as a gift, but want to remain anonymous throughout the process, there are a few things you might want to keep in mind that might happen to you.
- The person who received the gift may return it because it is an anonymous package and may be seen as suspicious or wrong, so make sure you find a way that this does not happen.
- Not having a safe delivery location can throw off your whole idea, so remember to have a “plan b” ready for any situation.
- Receiving anonymous packages is obviously suspicious, so if you choose to go this route, send an appropriate gift that neither catches anyone’s attention nor makes anyone nervous.
Want to learn more about Amazon? Check out these related posts to learn about Amazon gift wrapping, Can you receive an Amazon gift card in exchange for a review, and Can I use an Amazon gift card at Whole Foods?
Amazon doesn’t allow you to easily send gifts anonymously, but if you don’t mind the extra step, there’s a way to get around it.
While it’s not illegal to send anonymous gifts, keep in mind that if done poorly, it may look suspicious and your surprise may backfire, so take the time to plan and make it all go well, and of course, don’t use any pseudonyms and account, which can lead to some serious trouble.
Make sure your choices are safe and plan your surprises accordingly during the holidays!