Does DoorDash serve alcohol? (Everything is known!)
DoorDash is a convenient way to dine, but what if you want to deliver wine too?
Can you get beer, wine and spirits with DoorDash? We looked into it and here’s what we found…
Does DoorDash serve alcohol?
Yes, DoorDash serves alcoholic beverages. DoorDash has now added alcohol delivery to its courier service, where customers can order a variety of alcoholic beverages and have them delivered directly to their door.
This article looks at the DoorDash liquor delivery service: how it works, how to use it, what limitations it has and how to properly manage it you Is the courier.
How do you order alcohol from DoorDash?
Ordering alcoholic beverages from DoorDash is the same as ordering anything else from them. It’s done through a delivery app, and if you live in an unrestricted area, you just select and pay online.
- Open the app and use the alcohol label to order from a restaurant, grocery store, retail store, or any retail store you normally use that works with DoorDash.
- If this is your first time ordering alcohol through the app, you must verify your age before completing checkout. However, you only need to do it once.
- Upload a photo of your ID to clearly show your date of birth.
- When the courier arrives at your door with your order, your ID will be checked again.
Does DoorDash have any restrictions on their alcohol delivery?
DoorDash’s restrictions on alcohol delivery comply with normal legal requirements for safe drinking.
- DoorDash will not serve alcoholic beverages to anyone under the age of 18
- DoorDash couriers will not hand over alcohol deliveries if online order ID verification cannot be checked at the time of delivery.
- DoorDash alcohol deliveries cannot be left unattended.
- Alcohol deliveries cannot be reserved for people who are already intoxicated.
- To order alcoholic beverages, you must live in a supported area. In the US, this includes 20 states.
- DoorDash cannot deliver alcohol to dry areas.
Which states allow DoorDash to ship alcohol?
Alcohol can be ordered from Doordash in the following states:
California, New York, Washington, Idaho, Arizona, Texas, Minnesota, Ohio, Illinois, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Virginia, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Michigan, Iowa, Oregon, Missouri and Nebraska
DoorDash has now expanded to locations in Canada and Australia.
What kind of alcohol will DoorDash serve?
DoorDash’s partnerships with restaurants, liquor retailers, breweries, and more enable them to serve alcoholic beverages through their app.
These include beer, wine, spirits, and in fact, pretty much anything you buy at the store.
What you can’t order are pre-made or pre-poured drinks like cocktails or cocktails.
Where does DoorDash alcohol delivery come from?
You can order wine, beer and spirits from any business that chooses to partner with DoorDash.
Businesses that want to sign up for DoorDash need only wait for DoorDash staff to verify their alcohol license. They will then help set them up as delivery partners.
Partnerships have multiple advantages, and if you’re a merchant and want to investigate your options, there are plenty of online resources at your disposal.
What delivery guidelines must DoorDash couriers follow on alcohol orders?
DoorDash couriers must follow strict guidelines when shipping alcohol, which are listed on the DoorDash website. Shipping alcohol in an “illegal manner” can have serious consequences.
First, the courier will always know (via the app) that the order they receive contains alcohol. However, the company advises couriers to check the contents of the order with the merchant anyway.
The courier must also:
- Know the legal drinking age: Australia (18), Canada (19), United States (21)
- Check the age and ID of the order recipient
- Familiarize yourself with the correct form of ID, the location of the date of birth and expiration date of the ID, and signs that the ID may be fake
- Give alcohol directly to customers (never leave alcohol deliveries unattended)
- Familiarize yourself with the signs of poisoning
- Never serve alcoholic beverages to visibly intoxicated customers
- Never deliver to customers you think may be serving alcoholic beverages to minors.
- Some customers may live in “dry areas” and while they can receive food orders, they cannot get alcohol. The courier must know these areas.
For DoorDasher support, please visit here.
What kind of ID do I need to show when I place an order with DoorDash that contains alcohol?
Acceptable forms of identification include driver’s licenses and passports. All forms of ID must be real and original – no photo ID can be used.
Driving licences and study permits are acceptable in Australia, as are proof of age cards and Australian or foreign passports.
Your ID must not be a photocopy and must show a clear photo, date of birth and validity of the ID. All will be checked by the courier driver.
If you leave an undeliverable order as a DoorDash courier, please contact company support immediately. If you follow company procedures, DoorDash claims your rating will never be affected and you will always receive full payment for delivery.
Is DoorDash the only courier that delivers alcohol?
Other popular delivery services in the US include:
- Drizly, which operates in 26 states, is now owned by Uber. Drizly offers beer, wine and spirits, plus extras like ice cubes, blenders, snacks and decorations.
- Wine.com, which offers wine and spirits, as well as additional services such as food and glassware.
- Craftshack can be found almost all over the country, offering a wide variety of beers, ciders and spirits, but no extras.
- Winc, only wine, no extras, but a selection of wines.
- GrubHub, food and drink, owned by Dutch company take out only. GrubHub and DoorDash are often mistaken for one company, but in fact are completely separate.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Read these articles to learn about DoorDash’s hours of operation, whether DoorDash delivers to hotels, and whether DoorDash gift cards are available.
Ordering meals and snacks from DoorDash just got even better because you can now add alcoholic beverages to your order. Following the app’s instructions, you can select and pay for drinks just like ordering food, and if you live in the right place and can verify your age, everything should be delivered straight to your door.