Does Ross accept Apple Pay? (Updated in 2022)
Ross, also known as Ross Dress for Less, is a retail department store that has expanded to include many department stores in the United States.
Ross customers can use a number of different payment methods to pay for their items, either online through Ross.com or by cash in-store.
However, as electronic payments are increasingly used for seamless and contactless transactions, it can be confusing which payments are accepted and not accepted by various platforms.
Does Ross accept Apple Pay? Read on to find out…
Does Ross accept Apple Pay?
Ross uses Apple Pay (as of 2021) at all of their in-store locations as well as on their online website. Ross also accepts a variety of other payment methods such as debit cards, credit cards, cash and checks.
They’ve recently expanded to include Samsung Pay and Apple Pay, which makes sense considering they’re the pre-eminent smartphone market leaders in the world.
How do I use Apple Pay with Ross?
You can use Apple Pay with Ross in different in-store and online ways. The steps below highlight the differences in how you use Apple Pay with Ross.
How to use Apple Pay in-store with your iPhone or iPad:
- Notify the Ross employee at the counter that you would like to use Apple Pay as a payment method.
- Open your Wallet application on your Apple device (iPhone and iPad only).
- If you want to switch cards, click your default card to choose another card. If not, skip to the next step.
- Verify your card.
- If your device has Face ID: Double-tap the power button to activate your Face ID scanner. If not available, please enter your password.
- If your device has Touch ID: Put your finger on the home button to scan your Touch ID. If this feature is not available, please enter your password.
- Place your Apple device on top of or near the contactless card reader.
- Wait for the checkmark and the “Done” message before removing the device.
How to use Apple Pay in an Apple Watch store:
- Double-click the side button.
- Scroll to select the card of your choice.
- Hold your Apple Watch close to the contactless card reader until you feel a slight tap and a slight beep.
How to use Apple Pay online:
- Click to show “Pay with Apple Pay” or select Apple Pay as your payment method at checkout.
- If you want to change the card, please click “Next” button until you reach the card of your choice or “expansion” button to view all cards at a glance.
- Fill in your details if necessary. Usually, Apple Pay stores this information if you’ve entered it before. This includes:
- Billing Information
- Transport information
- Contact information
- Confirm and verify payment.
- Devices with Face ID: Double-tap the power button to activate your FaceId scanner. If not available, please use your password.
- Devices with Touch ID: Put your finger on the home button to scan your Touch ID. If this feature is not available, please enter your password.
- Apple Watch: Double click the side button
- CMac with Touch ID: Before scanning your Touch ID, follow the prompts on the Touch Bar. Alternatively, follow the Apple Pay prompts on the screen.
- Macs without Touch ID: Follow the Apple Pay prompts on the screen. Alternatively, use your Bluetooth-connected Apple device to approve the transaction. Before continuing, first make sure it’s the same Apple ID on all devices.
Where can I use Apple Pay?
Over 85% of retailers in the U.S. support Apple Pay. In other words, there’s a good chance that any retailer you visit accepts Apple Pay. If you’re not sure, you can also ask the cashier on duty if Apple Pay is accepted.
But if you want to keep social interactions to a minimum, there’s a surefire way to find out if a retailer accepts Apple Pay—via Apple Maps.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to identifying locations that accept Apple Pay.
Steps to check Apple Pay with Maps on your iPhone or iPad:
- Open Apple Maps on your device
- Search where you want to go
- Click on a location and scroll to “useful to know” part.
- Look for the Apple Pay icon on the side of the Helpful Information section or a checkmark that says “Accept Apple Pay”
Steps to check Apple Pay with Maps on Mac:
- Open Apple Maps on Mac
- Search where you want to go
- click location
- Click “A generation” (information) icon next to the location
- scroll to “useful to know” part
- Look for the Apple Pay icon on the side of the section or the check mark for accepting Apple Pay.
Apple Pay is a simple way to process your purchases quickly and easily. Ross’ choice to implement Apple Pay in their payment options is prudent, as it allows for further expansion of payment options. It also increases the appeal for Apple users to shop at Ross rather than competitors.
However, Ross still doesn’t accept Google Pay. Implementing this payment method in the future is also a smart choice, as there are just as many Android and Google users in the US.