Grubhub drivers don’t move (know what and what to do!)
The food delivery industry has become popular over the past few years, many of which now offer delivery options, and customers are excited about this trend. But these delivery services also face many challenges.
For example, fast delivery while food is still hot, traffic jams, and stormy weather, as well as delivering perishable food.
As a Grubhub customer, you might expect your food to be hot and fresh, but sometimes that’s not the case. Read on to find out why this happens and what to do in this situation.
Grubhub driver doesn’t work
Customers are entitled to receive their orders within a set time; it can be annoying to find out that your driver is not moving. Your Grubhub driver may not be removable for the following reasons:
- Late receipt of orders: Sometimes drivers experience delays in receiving your order. This delay may be due to restaurants being busier than usual, with large orders taking time to prepare.
- Bad weather: Fast delivery is always a top priority for Grubhub. But road closures to drivers could end up causing delays due to bad weather.
- transportation: There are few cities without traffic these days. Drivers may not be able to drive quickly and may experience delays due to accidents, road construction, roadblocks or diversions.
- Vehicle problems: A vehicle breakdown may occur at some point during the delivery process. In the event of a breakdown, it may cause unnecessary delays, which the driver cannot avoid.
- Use many applications: Drivers can use as many food delivery apps as possible. Problems can arise when drivers have previously used these apps. For example, when drivers take orders from Grubhub and DoorDash at the same time, deliveries are bound to be delayed since drivers cannot deliver meals at once, especially when they live in different towns.
What happens when Grubhub drivers are not provided?
If a Grubhub driver doesn’t deliver, you can manually request a refund from Grubhub by calling their customer support number (877-585-7878), as the company’s main goal is to get food to customers as quickly as possible.
However, it can be challenging to contact a company representative on short notice, but if they receive your complaint, they will act quickly.
How does Grubhub assign orders to drivers?
Grubhub can assign tasks through the drivers available in its app. After drivers register as Gruhub drivers through their mobile app.
Grubhub can see available drivers, and divers can also see incoming orders. If the driver accepts the order, Grubhub provides the driver with directions to the restaurant.
Restaurants can also provide additional information about their location if drivers cannot find their address.
The app can then indicate the address where the food will be delivered, but drivers can also choose to call their customers if needed.
How to Contact a Grubhub Delivery Driver
You can text your driver on Grubhub through the Grubhub Drivers app.
Grubhub uses a two-way overlay system, so neither you nor the driver can access each other’s phone numbers.
You can download the Grubhub app to help you track your orders and understand predictable arrival times.
What to do if your Grubhub drivers don’t work
When your Grubhub driver isn’t moving or there is a delay in receiving your order, there are a few steps you can take to follow up on your order. These steps include:
- Check if your order was successful
When placing an order online, you must confirm that your order goes through.
After ordering food from Grubhub, they will send your order to the restaurant of your choice, and the delivery driver will pick it up.
Grubhub typically sends a confirmation email whenever an order is successfully completed.
- Communicate with restaurants
You can contact the restaurant to find out why your order is taking too long.
Communicate with restaurants, through your Grubhub app, click on your current order to find the restaurant’s contact information; call them to follow up on your order or withdraw your order.
You can also contact the driver to follow up on the status of your order. Go through your Grubhub app and select your current order history to find pending charges.
You can find the driver’s contact and you can then call them to ask why your order was delayed.
- Communicate directly with Grubhub
You can speak or chat with the Grubhub customer support team via live chat for faster answers.
You can call 877-585-7878 and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can also connect with Grubhub on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Want to learn more about Grubhub? Check out our related posts to find out when GrubHub will stop delivering, if GrubHub will mark up, and how to use cash value on GrubHub.
Grubhub tries to get food to customers quickly and offers delivery drivers a great opportunity to make money.
But sometimes, when your order is late, the driver can be seen as incompetent, but that’s probably the reason we discussed earlier.
You can always check your confirmation email to see if your order was successful before contacting the Grubhub customer service team or calling the restaurant.
But these delivery apps have their incentive programs to get drivers to take orders, even if tipping isn’t mandatory. In some cases, tipping can improve driver morale if no one seems to be interested in your order.