How to Archive an Amazon Order (Quick and Easy!)
There are a few reasons why you might want to have an order on file on your Amazon account, because you’re no longer interested in avoiding spoiled surprises.
Whatever the reason for wanting to archive an Amazon order, the result is always the same, it will hide it from your history, but be aware that you can archive up to 500 orders per account.
So how did you do it? It’s simple, just keep reading and you’ll have all the information you need (and more!)
How to Archive an Amazon Order
It’s a very simple process and we’ll guide you through each step so you can successfully archive your order.
Note that you can only archive orders on the desktop, so you cannot archive from the Amazon app.
- First, you need to visit the Amazon website and log into your account.
- Click on “Accounts & Listings” so you can go to your order.
- Browse your orders and select the order you want to archive, then click “Archive Order” in the lower left corner.
- You will be asked again if you want to “Cancel” or “Archive Order”, select “Archive Order” and you are done.
Once done, just view them in “Archived Orders” in your account whenever you want to access those orders.
Can I view archived orders on my phone?
Yes, even though Amazon doesn’t allow you to archive orders on the app, you can still view them, here’s how:
- Sign in to your account on the app.
- Click the menu icon.
- Then select “Your Order”.
- There you will have the option to filter your orders, one of the options will be “Archive Orders”, selecting that option you will be able to browse the orders you have archived on Amazon’s website.
Remember, if you want to archive an order from your phone, you can open Amazon’s website through your browser.
Why can’t I archive my Amazon order?
The only reason this happens is if you are trying to archive your order through the app, so remember to always use Amazon from your browser so you won’t have any issues with the process.
Can you delete order history from Amazon?
Yes, you can, you don’t have to worry about giving your precious gift ideas to your friends and family.
Amazon gives you the option to delete history entirely, delete individual items, or even turn off tracking.
How to Delete Amazon History
- First, you have to go to the Amazon website and log in
- Go to Accounts & Lists and select Browsing History so your history pops up.
- From there you can decide to remove a specific item by clicking “Remove from View”
- If you want to clear your entire browsing history, you must select “Remove all items from view” next to “Manage History”.
How to Delete Amazon History on the Amazon App
If you’re using the Amazon app on your phone and want to delete your browsing history from there, you can follow these steps:
- Sign in to your app account on any device that supports it, be it iPhone, Android or tablet.
- First, click on your profile and go to “Your Account”.
- Then select “Browsing History” in “Personalized Content”
- You can delete individual items just like on Amazon.com.
- To delete your entire history, select “Manage” and click “Remove All Items from View”
How to Turn Off Amazon History Tracking
If you want to turn off Amazon history tracking, follow these steps:
- Once logged into your Amazon account, go to “Accounts and Lists” and select “Browsing History”
- Click the arrow next to Manage History and you can choose to turn history on or off.
How to Turn Off Amazon History Tracking on the Amazon App
- Open the Amazon app and go to your account.
- Go to Personalized Content and select Browsing History.
- There, you can select “Manage” and turn your history on or off.
That’s it, you can turn off Amazon history tracking on any device that supports the app.
Want to learn more about Amazon? Check out these articles to find out if you can use Google Pay on Amazon, what to do if your Amazon order shows delivered but you haven’t received it, and can you return an open item to Amazon?
When you’re planning to give someone a surprise gift, especially during this holiday season, filing your order can be a useful thing to do.
If you want to hide your orders or browsing history, you now have the answer, so remember to be careful if someone special is watching, even if you want to share your order list or your account, you You can rest assured that your surprise will not be spoiled.