How to Create an Amazon Account Without a Phone Number (Step by Step)
We all know all the steps required to create an account, log into a website, and sometimes you just want to skip a lot of these steps and verifications, you can skip some.
One of the “required” steps when creating your Amazon account is that you use your phone number, but can you create an account without it?
How to create an Amazon account without a phone number
According to Amazon, providing your phone number is completely optional, so you can continue to create an account without it and have no problem browsing and purchasing products on the site.
If you want a more “in-depth” explanation, then you need to do the following to create an Amazon account without a phone number:
- Visit Amazon.com and sign up
- There you will be asked to fill out a registration form which includes your name, email address and password for the new account
- Once done, you create your Amazon account and that’s it.
So yes, you can create an Amazon account without a phone number, but if you really want to use Amazon and all its benefits, like when adding a shipping address, you’ll need your phone number.
Can I add a shipping address without a phone number?
When adding a new shipping address, you must follow these steps:
- Log in to your Amazon account
- Go to Accounts & Lists, then your account.
- On “Your Address” you will be able to add a new address and you will be asked to fill in your information including country, your name, street address, location and zip code and finally you will be asked to include your phone number .
- Then all you have to do is click “Add Your Address”!
As you can see, your phone number is part of the process when you add a new shipping address, however, it’s not required.
Adding your phone makes sense when you consider the entire delivery process, as it helps you avoid all kinds of misunderstandings and makes everything easier, but it’s not required.
What should I do if I provide my mobile number?
If you provide your phone number, you’ll have access to more content on your Amazon account, including delivery status updates and text messages with important information.
There’s also an account verification that can be done with a two-step verification option, or in some cases, some of your shipping information doesn’t match what your wireless service provider provides.
There are several alternatives to this verification:
- Receive verification code
- SMS verification
- Voice call verification
Each of these options is self-explanatory, so if you wish to have an extra layer of security, you can.
If you don’t, or if you tried it and don’t want it anymore, you can skip this extra step.
How to Skip Amazon Phone Verification?
This is optional and you can disable it by following these steps:
- First, you must visit the Amazon website on your PC or your app, then access your account.
- Click on “Login and Security”.
- Then you’ll see the Edit option next to the 2-Step Verification (2SV) setting.
- There, you can easily disable 2-step verification for your account.
- You must enter your “Amazon Security Code” from the backup method of your choice on the next page so that you can disable 2-step verification.
- you are done. You will be notified when the provided code is successfully entered.
Can you have two Amazon accounts with the same phone number?
Unfortunately, you can’t, you can only have one account per number, but if you want to use your old mobile number to log into another account, here are some ways to fix that.
- You can deregister your number from Amazon in “Your Content and Devices”.
- If you have another number, just use that number on your second account.
- If you can’t use your number and you don’t have any other Amazon accounts, please contact customer service so they can help you with the problem.
Want to learn more about Amazon? Check out these posts to learn what Amazon Flex is, what it means to deliver to a safe location by Amazon, and whether Amazon ships to Hawaii.
You can easily create an Amazon account without providing a phone number, but keep in mind that when you add a shipping address, it’s a good idea to add your number because it’s the best way to keep your experience on Amazon going. There are clear lines of communication.
If you decide to link your phone number to your account, you’ll be able to increase your security and receive order notifications, so why not give it a try? Even if you don’t need to.