How to Quit Your Amazon Job Using an A to Z App (Easy!)
Amazon’s A to Z app is a great tool for employees to manage their work lives. You can check your schedule, submit vacations, and even log out of the app!
So how on earth did you quit Amazon using the A to Z app…
How I resigned from Amazon A to Z
The A to Z app also makes it easy to resign from Amazon. Just follow these steps:
- Sign in to your account on the A to Z app.
- On the home screen go to the bottom and it says “Want to live at Amazon? We don’t want to see you go, but we can help you quit. Learn more.”
- If you click the “Learn More” link, you’ll be taken to a page where you can fill out a form to complete the process of resigning from Amazon.
If you want to learn more about how to quit Amazon in a way that won’t hurt your resume or your chances of rehiring in the future, keep reading…
Resign from Amazon
If you want to resign from Amazon, you can contact your local HR office directly, or through the Amazon A to Z app. Both ways are fairly straightforward and with the HR officer you’re free to leave with just some paperwork.
How to resign from Amazon through HR
If you want to quit your job the right way to avoid any legal issues that could affect your future professional life, here’s how you do it:
First, you need to notify management of your last day of work and your resignation, this is called a “notice period”. The notice period is the time between your last few days of the contract and the date of the successful conclusion of the contract.
You will need to notify by letter, email, or Amazon’s website or app.
The information you need to include is very specific, so make sure to include the following:
- Who to send to (HR or manager).
- A clear resignation statement.
- Write something about your last day.
- Appreciation and thanks to Amazon.com.
- Ask any questions you have about the process.
- Add signature and name.
Remember, of course, that you must give the notice period sometime before you actually resign. Hours may vary depending on the hours you work or the company you work for.
On Amazon, it’s usually around a week, but in many other places it can be as long as two months.
If you have questions about this, you can include it in your notice and ask for help to resolve the issue.
Will Amazon re-hire after leaving?
Yes, Amazon does rehire resigned employees, but there are some details you have to keep in mind. First, if you quit your Amazon job, you have to wait at least 90 days to reapply, which is not much.
However, if you’re not responsible for that decision, meaning your contract has been terminated by Amazon, you’ll have to wait a year to reapply, and you may not be able to, depending on where you work and where the warehouse is in order.
It’s safe to say that if you leave on the best possible terms and it’s up to you, your chances of being rehired are much higher than your chances of coming back after making a bad impression and getting fired.
It’s all very logical, but companies still have different positions when it comes to rehiring, and now you know where Amazon is.
What are the benefits of voluntary termination?
As an employee, it’s always better for you to choose to quit, so it’s all about maintaining the best possible relationship with the company (Amazon in this case).
This will give you some notable benefits:
- If you decide to go back, you will have a better chance of being rehired in the future. As for how long you have to wait before applying, it depends on the location, but in some places it’s fine as long as there are new vacancies available.
- If you get fired instead of leaving your job, it can take as long as 90 to 365 days for you to be eligible for a job at Amazon, and you may have a harder time getting selected for the job.
- If you are fired for specific reasons such as harassment or property damage, you will not be eligible for rehiring.
- If you quit your job because of no fault of yours, but a health problem, etc., you may be eligible for unemployment benefits.
- Remember, if you are fired for poor performance at work, you will not be eligible for unemployment.
Can you resign without a notice period?
Yes, you can, but we definitely don’t recommend it, as it can result in fines, which means if you decide to reapply after quitting, you’ll have to pay Amazon and make you a poor candidate people.
It’s best to go through all the steps, after all, it’s not something you do every day.
Want to learn more about working at Amazon? Click here to find out if Amazon employees get discounts, if Amazon employees get free Prime, and if you get paid for your personal time off at Amazon.
If you are planning to quit your job at Amazon, you must remember all the steps you need to take to do it the right way, which will allow you to get better advice and open doors for your Amazon job.
Plan ahead and make all the necessary preparations, including notice periods and dealing with any outstanding business, once all of this is done, you can leave your position at any time.
Also remember to be ready for everything when it comes to your new job, and if you plan to leave to be more comfortable in the workplace, make sure you don’t regret your decision.