Does Family Dollar accept Apple Pay? (Updated in 2022!)
Everyone loves to buy bargains. If you fall into this category, you might enjoy browsing your local Family Dollar store for toys, groceries, gifts, and household items.
Also, you might be looking for a contactless and secure way to make payments at Family Dollar. If you prefer to use Apple Pay to buy items from the store, you might be wondering if Family Dollar accepts this payment method.
Read on to find the answer to your question…
Does Family Dollar accept Apple Pay?
Yes, Apple Pay will be accepted at all Family Dollar stores starting in 2022. All you need to do is set up your Apple Wallet on your iPhone and add the cards you want to use. To pay with your Apple Watch, you must first link it to your iPhone wallet.
If you have experience with Apple Pay, you already know that it is one of the most convenient and secure ways to pay. With this payment method, your shopping experience will be faster and safer. You don’t have to fuss with cards or cash, and you don’t have to worry about writing checks.
Read on to learn more about using Apple Pay at Family Dollar stores.
Why does Family Dollar accept Apple Pay?
Apple and Family Dollar have been working together for years to ensure easy transactions for customers. Family Dollar accepts Apple Pay because:
- It’s safe and saves you the hassle of carrying a lot of cards around
- It enables customers to check out faster and reduce their reliance on cash
Where can I use Apple Pay?
Here is a list of some stores that accept Apple Pay:
- Best Buy
- office warehouse
- family dollars
Where can I use Apple Pay?
You can’t pay with Apple Pay at the following stores:
- Retailers: Walmart, Home Depot, Kmart, Lowe’s, Kroger, Sam’s Club
- Fashion and Style: GAP, Macy’s, Levi’s, Adidas, KOHL’s, Shop Disney and more
- Dining: KFC, Starbucks, White Castle, Pizza Hut, Panera and Subway
- Gas Stations: Chevron, Texaco, 7-Eleven and Chevron Extra Mile
Which apps accept Apple Pay?
The following apps and websites accept Apple Pay as a payment method:
- National Football League
- apple store
- Group buy
How to Set Up Apple Pay on Apple Watch and iPhone
The first step to using Apple Pay at any Family Dollar store is to add the card you want to use to Wallet on your iPhone. If you haven’t set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch and iPhone, follow these steps to add the payment option to the Wallet app:
- Open the Wallet app
- Scan your credit or debit card. Alternatively, you can enter numbers manually.
- Verify the card and accept Apple’s terms and conditions
- You can now use Apple Pay at any Apple Pay location
To add Apple Pay to your Apple Watch, first link your Apple Watch to your iPhone. Follow the steps below to do this:
- On iPhone, open the Watch app
- Navigate to “Wallet & Apple Pay”
- Choose your default card
- You can now use Apple Pay at checkout
How to use Apple Pay with Family Dollar
To pay at Family Dollar with your iPhone, follow these instructions:
- Go to the Wallet app and select the card you want to use
- If you use Face ID or Touch ID, or enter your passcode, activate them.
- Hold your iPhone close to the payment reader
- If the payment is successful, you will hear a tone and see an approval notification on the card reader
Likewise, with the Apple Watch, you’ll need to enter your passcode before placing the watch over the contactless leader. Again, you’ll hear a ping or beep and see a message that your payment has been approved.
Alternative Payment Methods for Family Dollar
If you don’t have an Apple device, don’t worry, as Family Dollar offers a variety of payment methods in its stores. They include digital wallets, cash, credit and debit cards.
The retailer also accepts Google Pay and Samsung Pay if you want a contactless experience.
Can I get cash back when I use Apple Pay at Family Dollar?
If you use it at a store that accepts the Apple Pay card, you’ll be eligible for Apple’s cash back. There is no transaction limit for cashback, and you can get 3% cashback on every transaction. Apple Pay Card users typically earn cash back on every purchase made with the card.
Use the Apple Pay payment option at checkout to make your Family Dollar shopping experience fun and frustrating.
All you need to do is set up the Wallet app on your iPhone and add the debit or credit card you wish to use. Next, link your iPhone to your Apple Watch.
After activating your mobile device, you can hold your iPhone close to the payment reader. A ping or beep will let you know the payment was successful.