Does Popeyes accept Apple Pay? (Updated in 2022!)
Who doesn’t love the occasional fried chicken at your favorite fast food restaurant? Whether it’s a sandwich or a salad and chips, fried chicken never goes out of style.
One of America’s best options is Popeye, as it has one of the best fried chicken in the country, and it’s sure to have amassed a huge following and fans since its founding in New Orleans in 1972.
In 2022, however, many customers want to enjoy all available payment methods such as Apple Pay, but does Popeyes accept Apple Pay? Let’s learn more about Popeyes.
Does Popeyes accept Apple Pay?
Popeyes accepts Apple Pay as an in-store payment method as well as online purchases through the app. Popeyes has been using Apple Pay at their restaurants since 2019 and has since added the option through their app.
So if you own an iPhone or Apple Watch, you’re in luck!
If you want to know what other payment methods are available with Popeyes and more, read on.
How to use Apple Pay with Popeyes
- First, notify the Popeyes employee who will take your order at the counter that you want to use Apple Pay as your payment method.
- Then open your Wallet application on your Apple device.
- If you want to change the default card, click on your current default card to choose another card, if not, you can go to the next step, which is to verify your card.
- If your device has Face ID, you must double-tap the power button to activate the Face ID scanner. If not available, please enter your password.
- If your device has Touch ID, place your finger on the Home button to scan your Touch ID.
- You can also use a password if desired.
- Place your Apple device on top of or near the contactless card reader.
- Just wait until the checkmark and a message say “Done” before removing your device.
How to use Apple Pay on Apple Watch
If you own an Apple Watch, you can also use it to pay for meals at Popeyes.
- First, double-click the side button.
- Then choose your preferred card.
- Hold your wrist close to a contactless card reader to verify payments from your watch
- When you tap lightly and hear a beep, the purchase is complete.
Can you order at Popeyes Online?
Yes, you can order food from home using the Popeyes app.
You can still make purchases with Apple Pay if you want, and that’s how you do it.
- First, choose Apple Pay as your payment method at checkout.
- If you want to switch cards, click the Next button until you reach the card of your choice or the Expand button to see all cards at a glance.
- Fill in your details if necessary.Typically, Apple Pay stores this information, including billing, shipping, and contact information, if you’ve entered it before
- Confirm and verify payment.
- If you want to use Face ID, double-tap the power button to activate the scanner.
- If your device has Touch ID, then you will need to place your finger on the home button to scan your ID. If this feature is not available or you want to use another method, you can enter your password.
- If you have an Apple Watch, you must double-tap the side button
- Macs with Touch ID: Before scanning Touch ID, follow the prompts on the Touch Bar. You can also follow the on-screen instructions.
- Macs without Touch ID: Follow the on-screen Apple Pay instructions. You can also use your Bluetooth-connected Apple device to approve transactions.
Does Popeyes accept cash apps?
Yes, you can also pay for your food at Popeyes using the Cash App and the process is very simple.
If you want to pay for your meal using the Cash App, please follow these steps:
- After opening the Cash app, you must enter the amount and tap “Pay”.
- Then enter a valid email address, phone number or $Cashtag
- Enter recipient
- Finally, click “Pay” again
If you’re craving fried chicken, you can always rely on Popeyes to make purchases using card, cash, Apple Pay, or even the Cash app, so don’t worry you’ve got plenty of options to pay for your food, here’s Popeyes to never lose a potential customer.
So now you know that Apple Pay is your friend at Popeyes, so if you want a delicious quick fried chicken, just go to Popeyes and pay with your Apple device, so you can eat.