Does Wendy’s accept Apple Pay? (everything you need to know)
Apple Pay is a popular checkout payment method. It’s a convenient platform that lets you integrate debit or credit cards, make payments, and track those payments in one app.
However, Apple Pay is also notorious for not being accepted by some retailers for a number of reasons.
Does Wendy’s accept Apple Pay? If not, what other ways can you pay for dining at Wendy’s? Read on to find out!
Does Wendy’s accept Apple Pay?
Wendy’s does not accept Apple Pay. Wendy’s fast food chain has more than 6,700 locations worldwide, but sadly none adopt Apple Pay.
Considering that Apple doesn’t charge Apple Pay merchants, no one really knows why Wendy’s chose not to accept Apple Pay. That said, there are other things to keep in mind when going out for your next meal at Wendy’s.
What payment methods does Wendy’s accept?
While Wendy’s doesn’t accept Apple Pay, you can still use these payment methods to pay for your next meal.
- debit card
- American Express
- Discover Cards
- prepaid card
Now that we know the different ways to pay at Wendy’s, you might be wondering if there’s a way to know if a restaurant accepts Apple Pay.
How do I find out if a restaurant accepts Apple Pay?
It goes without saying that if you want to use Apple Pay, you either have an iPhone or an Apple device. Luckily, you can find out if restaurants are using Apple Pay on these devices and from the comfort of your home!
How to find out if a restaurant uses Apple Pay with your iPhone:
- Open Apple Maps application
- Search for the store you want to go to
- scroll down to useful to know part
- Look for Apple Pay logo or a check mark Next to Apple Pay
If the store accepts Apple Pay, it will display a checkmark like this.
Where can I download Apple Maps?
As of today, Apple Maps is only available to Apple users. For Apple users, the Apple Maps app comes pre-installed on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, Car Play and Apple Watch.
When will Wendy’s accept Apple Pay?
Wendy’s sometimes uses Apple Pay terminals when other payment method systems fail. This could be a sign that Apple Pay is coming to Wendy’s soon.
Apparently, Wendy’s stores already have the hardware and systems to accept Apple Pay. Wendy’s didn’t specify a date, though, nor did they say they would integrate Apple Pay anytime soon.
While there are rumors that Wendy’s could support Apple Pay as early as February 2022, we recommend taking these rumors with a grain of salt.
In the meantime, you can prepare for Wendy’s (hopefully) support for Apple Pay by setting up your Apple Pay account.
How do I add a card to Apple Wallet?
If you want to go to Wendy’s but find they don’t accept Apple Pay, you can still use Apple Pay at restaurants that accept Apple Pay.
Apple Pay and Apple Wallet work together to provide a seamless payment experience. To use Apple Pay, you need to add your credit or debit card to the Apple Wallet app. Here’s how it’s done:
- Open Apple Wallet application and click “+” button.
- choose your cedit or debit card.
- Follow the instructions provided on the screen.
- Confirm with your bank or card issuer any additional information required. You may need to download an app provided by your bank or card issuer.
Elective: You can add cards to an Apple Watch paired with an iPhone.
Note that you can add up to 12 cards to an Apple Wallet account. To add more cards, just follow the steps above.
That’s it! In 4 easy steps, you’ve now added your credit or debit card to Apple Wallet and can now use Apple Pay at supported stores.
How to use Apple Pay?
You can use Apple Pay with your iPhone or Apple Watch. Here’s a complete step-by-step guide to setting up and using Apple Pay on your preferred Apple device.
How to use Apple Pay on iPhone:
- Open Apple Pay application on the iPhone.
- You will be prompted verify your identity or via:
- face recognition Press the power button twice, or
- Touch ID Put your finger on the fingerprint sensor.
- hold optimal your iPhone is close to the payment terminal until “complete” or a check mark Appear.
How to use Apple Pay on Apple Watch:
- Press side key on Apple Watch twice.
- this default card will be automatically selected. Additionally, you can scroll down to select other cards.
- Put your Apple Watch near a payment terminal until you feel a light tap and hear a beep.
Does Wendy’s accept Apple Pay? Sadly, they don’t, but we hope to see Wendy accept Apple Pay soon. We currently accept cash, debit, American Express and Discover cards to pay for meals at Wendy’s.
Let us know in the comments below what other payment methods you’d like Wendy’s to add to their restaurants!